Can't find My Book Live on network, light on front won't come on

The My Book Live stopped working after we received a new router, which I believe might be the cause of the issue.

I don’t have the old router available as it had many issues. I can’t recall if it was thrown away or stored somewhere in the house. Is there a way for me to map it to the new router?

Also, the light in the front of the My Book Live won’t light up at all. Everything is properly connected, so I don’t know what the problem is.

I’ve tried a lot of the solutions in past threads, but to no avail. The My Book Live has a lot of old family pictures stored on it, so I’d like to not try and completely reset it in a way that deletes everything on it.

I’m open to hear any and all solutions.

If the LED does not light up at all, it is not a good sign. You can try different power wall outlets and/or different power supplies. Different ethernet cables as well. Also connect it to a PC/laptop directly to see if there are any LED changes. Also check back LEDs, check manual for what different colors mean for front and back LEDs.

If there are LEDs on the back, there is a slim chance the LED got burned. If you were set to DHCP, power it up and check your DHCP server lease table (usually this is your router) to see if it is listed. If it is not, not good at all. Complete unit might be dead.

If not clear on what DHCP is or how it works, google and also read your router manual.

If you do determined the unit is dead, you can try to recover the files using this guide:

And for the future, always keep 2+ copies of important files on different media aka backups. This one is easy to read/understand: Digital storage basics, Part 3: Backup vs. redundancy - CNET