Can't enable remote access

"Connection Status:Failed 

Cannot establish remote access connection. Make sure you are connected to the Internet. (Error 31520)"

I cannot successfully enable remote access. I have tried enabling and disabling the box, but it has not work. I’ve tried the previous firmware software and the updated one as well. No luck. Anyone else encounter the same issue and/or have found a solution??

Check out the firmware release thread - remote access is up the spout I’m afraid.

I had the same issue. They told me to make sure I had the latest firmware/update it and once that I did if that didn’t work to reset the drive. The button is on the back above the Ethernet port. Hold it down for 4 sec. That solved the issue for me.

Error: WD2GO Cannot establish remote access connection. Make sure you are connected to the Internet. (Error 31520)

My remote access all of a sudden died.

I had the old software so I upgraded to the latest version. Still didn’t work. 

I didn’t want to reset the drive as I have tons of data on it that I didn’t want to loose.

After several days of torture, I finally got the remote access to work.

There a hidden link in to rebuild the database.

Once it did that, the connection worked.

Note that I tried port forwarding and that didn’t pass the connection either - so leave it in automatic.

I have to say the Western Digital’s customer service **bleep**! Even the website doesn’t help and tried to send an email but there was no email address accessible without having to register - really annoying! Will not buy a WD product next time.