Can't do a total reset

Hi,

I want to do a total reset, but even “the 60 seconds” method doesn’t work,

Maybe funny, but I tried a paperclip, a thooth pick and 2 tooth picks for about 70 seconds, no go.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any reaction

How to Reset a My Cloud (single bay) Device

The other option is to access the My Cloud Dashboard > Utilities > System Factory Restore and perform a System Only reset.

System Only reverts system settings to their default values, but retains user data and shares.

Hi Bennor. thaks for answering that fast. But one of the reasons I want to do this complete reset is that I can’t get in the dashboard anymore. There’s only 1 share I can access (and not the public one)…

I must say, the problem started when I made that particular share.

It’s the “windows network reference” which I can’t resolve,
(and it’s not my Microsoft password)

xfxfjxfjfwwsf

And when I go to the Windows reference settings, I can delete it, change the password, etcetera but all that doesn’t work…

hjfqjqsyt

So I backed up mostly all of my files and wanted to strart from scratch…

If you want I can translate some of the words/sentences but you might recognize the screens without translating.

Thanks in advance for you reply!!

Edit: the first 4 things of the instruction on the page, I can’t perform because I don’t have any access to the dashboard…

What is the specific error message when you attempt to access the My Cloud Dashboard?

How to access the Dashboard on a My Cloud (single bay) device

Using a computer that is connected to the same network as the My Cloud device, launch a web browser
Enter either the name (or IP Address ) of the My Cloud device into the URL field of the web browser. For example:

What specific My Cloud device do you have? Where did you find or see those instructions (in the screen capture)? Those instructions appear to be for the My Cloud Home which is a completely different device, with different features and options, and with a completely different operating system than the My Cloud devices.

This is a single bay My Cloud, the general subject of this subforum:

If you have a My Cloud Home device it looks like this:

There is a separate subforum for the My Cloud Home device.

https://community.wd.com/c/home-cloud-storage/my-cloud-home/229