Can't delete Smartware backup

I initiated a large backup with Smartware, but stopped it after several hours after I discovered it didn’t have an automated / scheduled backup option.

So I couldn’t see anything in Smartware itself to wipe the backup job and all its files, so I went into Dashboard.  Fine, the backup was listed there and there was an option to delete it, which I did.

The backup has disappeared from the list in Dashboard, but the backup is still clearly taking up space on my drive.

I read elsewhere here that you can access the hidden backup folder just by going into:

[\NAS\Smartware](file://%5C%5CNAS%5CSmartware)

where NAS is the name of your drive. 

Sure enough, the backup files are still there, in a folder called “WD SmartWare.swstor”.

So:

(a) why on earth are they still there, despite me having deleted this backup in Dashboard?

(b) is it safe for me just to delete the “WD SmartWare.swstor” folder and its entire contents?

Thanks.

drmrbrewer wrote:

(a) why on earth are they still there, despite me having deleted this backup in Dashboard?

(b) is it safe for me just to delete the “WD SmartWare.swstor” folder and its entire contents?

Thanks.

(a) - Someone out there, on a different plain of existence may have an answer.

(b) - Yes, but uninstall Smartware first.