Can't delete files - "operation cannot be completed"

I’ve been dealing with the same problem ever since buying a EX2 Ultra. 90% of the time I can’t delete files off of the drives via Finder. I get the message:

“the operation can’t be completed because some items had to be skipped. For each item, choose File > Get Info, make sure “locked” is deselected and then check the sharing and permissions section. When are sure the items are unlocked and not designated as Read Only or No Access, try again”

(I’m running Mac OS 11.5.2)

I have done all of that but nothing changes. Sometimes if it’s a big file, I can delete individual files. I’ve spent many hours with various agents on WD support as well as many people with Apple support and no one knows why this is happening. I need to be able to delete things, otherwise a lot of the hard drive space is wasted.

I am the only user (admin) of my computer. I have Read and Write privileges to all the files/folders I’m trying to delete. None of the files/folders are locked.

Does anyone know what do about this? Thanks!!

1 Like

Hello hbergeron,

would that be 6th of October 2021 ?
Now in 2022 Jan would have hoped someone would have answered this question. Have the same issues what to do I wonder ? bin the drive get something more practical