Can't create safepoint to an internal Windows drive

I have a 2TB Mybook Live and I’m trying to create a safepoint to an internal 2TB Windows drive. To do this, I created a share on the Windows drive. I gave myself full access to the share.

When I tried to create a safepoint, I had to log into my Windows first using my Windows account’s credentials. Then I selected the share, and log into the share with my credentials again. That all worked, however, MyBook Live couldn’t create a safepoint. It said error 36102: Your safepoint could not be created. And it tells me to use a newer version of Samba.

So my questions are:

1. Is this (creating a safepoint to an internal Windows drive) supported? Or do I always have to create a safepoint to another WD NAS?

2. Why do I get an error about Samba? I’m using a Windows internal drive, not a Linux drive.

Here are the details of what I have:

• Windows 10 Professional

• MyBookLive 02.43.10-048 : Core F/W

Thank you in advance.

Hello,

Your My Book Live can recognize the internal drive as a server from the safepoint settings since the My Book Live and computer are connected to the same network. The safepoint needs to be created to a WD NAS or USB external drive attached to the My Book Live, however let’s see if another user can share some information or tips on this particular case.

Thanks for your response.

If that is the case, do you know of any other way to back up MyBookLive without going through safepoint? I don’t like the idea of buying another drive just to do back up. Thanks again.