Can't copy files from MyBookLive to my computer

I did not have this problem until recently when I reset my computer back to factory settings and reinstalled everything. I cannot copy files from MyBookLive to my computer. Also I am having a hard time copying files from my computer to MyBookLive. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. But it will never let me copy files from MyBookLive to my computer. Before I reset my computer I could do this all day. I also have to type my username and password when attempting to access MyBookLive over my network. Before I reset my computer I never had to do this. I’m not very computer savvy so I am clueless on how to fix this. I saw in another post that a helpful user named Tony told someone to open a command window and type “net use.” I did this and everything looked ok (according to what Tony told that user).

I’m desperate about what to do. It’s making my life very difficult right now because I normally transmit data back and forth from my MyBookLive multiple times per day. Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated. At this point I’m willing to pay someone to fix it. Thanks in advance.

Also, I am running Windows Vista Home Basic.

Did you update Windows Vista to the latest available service packs and updates? Your system may still need some networking-specific updates. Additionally, try to double-check your network settings in the Control Panel in order to ensure your network type is set to Home/Work/Private.

On the other hand, try changing your NAS’s access permissions from private to public within its admin dashboard.