Can't Connect

I have the same problem - failed connection status. And Yes, I am connected to the internet. I tried to use different cables and wi-fi networks, but the problem is still the same. Everything in my home network works fine but cloud access cant see internet connections. Any solution? :slight_smile:

1 Like

There will be many, many users who through no fault of their own now have a non-usable devise.

Quite a number will not be overly Tech Savvy and will have no idea how to resolve the problem.

But it is not down to them, it is plainly a WD generated situation and it is most certainly THEY who must

sort it and promptly!

Sadly none of the suggestions for the user to attempt have worked for me.

Until such time that WD fix the issue leave well alone, one can cause even more problems.

1 Like

Have been getting “no access” for over 7 days now, Phone number is a waste of time just keep getting “lines are busy” email likewise no answer back, stuck at home due to isolation rules. Seems to me that old rule, If it aint broke dont fix it, does not apply here, It was not broke but it is now

2 Likes

Yes. On the back up but yet still they need to step up its been more than a week…

My remote team has been unable to access data since 3/9/2020. I am currently on with WD tech support as I type this. WD refuses to acknowledge that they are at fault. My company, as well as many others here I’m sure, purchased this device for use in situations similar to which we find ourselves now. WD cannot/will not give an estimated time to resolution (I’ve been told “24 hours” since last Friday.). WD will not acknowledge that the device does not function, end-to-end, as advertised. WD Tech’s current solution to our issue is for us to “map the drive for local access”. In WD’s view, if the mapping works and the data can be accessed locally, there is no issue with the device, therefore no compensatory discussion. What WD fails to acknowledge is that we didn’t think we were buying just a “box” to access our data locally. We purchased this as a solution to allow for remote access to data. This is EXACTLY where my firm, as well as others here I’m sure, find themselves in need of at this time. We were led to believe that we were covered, but in stark reality, we are not. This is a major fail on WD’s part. The very scenario that this was held out to us as a solution, has now proven itself as a failed experiment/product. WD stock, as of this entry, is down 16% for the day. I’m sure lawsuits will follow as well. Good luck everyone, I hope for all of our sakes, that WD fixes this issue immediately.

1 Like

Well WD you properly screwed up our cloud access, At a guess I would think that you have been attacked by some sort of nasty thing and do not know how to rectify it, I am no PC eng but normally a reboot or some such reinstall works so I am told, However I leave this to WD brains to rectify, As stated I think law suits will follow, the way you are treating us as clients is totally unbelievable, WD need to step up and admit that the solution evades them as WD cannot put it right, So in the mean time we loyal customers suffer for WD failings

This isn’t a fix for that problem. If you have the problem everyone else has, you will see that the connection status has failed in Cloud Access in your WD My Cloud dashboard. Enabling a credential isn’t going to fix that connection issue. As many others have stated, it’s a WD problem that they do not seem keen on fixing.

1 Like

The Cloud Service is named “Cloud Access”. The remote access in is in the ON state in the image. The connection Status however is Failed.

I was able to perform the configure and change from Auto to Manual save wait a bit and moved it back to Auto and the system started forwarding again out my router. However I still cannot access the system remotely via phone (have not checked my laptop yet) as others have mentioned because the issue is with the WD service.

Most of my access is local so I am Ok at this time.

Why is user support silent?? A week passed, and still could not solve the problem???

Same issue. I have both Gen1 and Gen2 single bay devices, both cannot connect to WD MyCloud since March 9… I really don’t think I can mess up configuration of both devices at the same time without even touching any of them in the past few months. Problem is clearly on WD’s end.

Same here. it shoes connected but mycloud.com is still not working Screenshot_2

Their silence does raise some serious concerns as this appears to be the longest outage to date of the MyCloud.com portal and related services. Thee has been a distinct lack of any information from WD on this issue since it started over a week ago.

Is this outage and inability to fix it in a timely manor related to the on going global Covid-19 pandemic?

In any case for those who want to be proactive they do have options to regain remote access to their My Cloud devices. Those range from using insecure FTP (possible SFTP) to using a VPN server on the local network. Using such options however typically requires additional work on the user’s end to setup and implement.

https://community.wd.com/search?q=sftp%20category%3A105

Some consumer routers (Asus for example) support enabling a VPN server within the router.

Just received this from WD Customer Service
p{margin-top:0px; margin-bottom:0px;}

Thank you for contacting Western Digital Customer Service and Support. My name is Mariandrea.

The issue that you are referring to is that the MyCloud.com page is unfortunately not working. The only way to access is locally, not remotely. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Our team of engineers is working to resolve this access problem as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience and we will be at your disposal for any questions.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this email and we will be happy to assist you further.

Once your support case is closed, you will receive a 20-second survey regarding your experience. We thank you in advance for participating!

Sincerely,
Mariandrea
Western Digital Service and Support
http://support.wdc.com

Can WD confirm it is their site that is not working rather than our hardware? I have spent several hours trying to sort this.

Hi jhambo and all others.
I strongly believe that the e-mail I received from WD Customer Service admits Their Liability to this serious problem of no Remote Access!!!

Like many of you mycloud.com web interface is not working for both of my two devices. I called support and the support rep said that there was a service disruption. When asked why status.mycloud.com says it is up and operational he had no explanation besides that is incorrect information.

1 Like

Same problem last one week. But this solution worked. Thanks.

same here. WD claims that because i can see my device locally, there is no issue with my device and totally skirt the subject of their liability for advertising this as a remote solution yet they control the choke point, which is broken, and they refuse to commit to a fix. many of us here purchased these devices for the ability to access data remotely, whether for us or our employees, exactly for the situation in which we currently find ourselves. my guess is that there will be a lot of “gently used” MyClouds for sale after this fiasco. that and a tanked stock price. maybe a class action lawsuit…

1 Like

it’s definitely confirmed. i’ve been in touch with them since last week on this.

1 Like

That’s super, thanks. At least we know.