Cant connect to the my cloud dashboard

Morning, I too lost contact with dashboard a few days ago and only just started to properly perform PD.  First noticed problem when SSH ftping files wasn’t allowed as per usual.

It’s a WD My CLoud 3TB  (type WDBCTL0030HWT-00 )   and it has *never* allowed drag drop from W7 correctly …always froze and killed Win Explorer, thus requiring PC reboot.   Ended up going back to trusty old RichCopy and then ftp across SSH connections.     _ *Never* _ had any such issues with the two MyBook Live 2Tb units, which are two stable and solid products.   The WD modified Debian image specifically on the MyCloud is simply dreadful.   I did update Twonky (bought v7.x license and upgraded it myself to ensure correct Samsung TV functionality when streaming) and was fine until the last week or so.  

I suspect is it their latest firmware update which I did have set to automatic install?  And assume it was the BASH patching fix?    To be clear…

• I can connect to the shares and directory structure with a Windows mapped drive.
  • I can connect to http://192.168.1.xxx and view Twonky interface
  • I cannot connect to Dashboard on any browser
  • I cannot connect via SSH or Telnet (well…Tn was disabled before and I assume the firmware corruption has knocked out the SSH flag).
  • I have fully recycled the device several times, including the 40 second “push the reset button on reboot”.
  • Lights on the front are normal.
  • PC-based WD QuickView and Smartware see the device but politely report “There seems to be a problem: Cannot configure the device and Cannot access device remotely”.
  • I have a saved .conf from install time, but seeing as cannot access dashboard, it’s not much use to restore!

I have trawled the forums here and see many people with similar issues and i) nope, it’s simpy a IP change and ii) I’m prepared to dismantle and gparted the drive if necessary (AIX and Linux experienced), but  not happy that as a result of the firmware push that I need to take several hours out to recover the function and trash/restore data on the device (which is backed up on another standalone device).    Plus I need a clean image from WD to achieve this…with all respect to Fox_exe, do not want to use the OMV image as although it’s almost certainly better functionally than the WD Debian image, security concerns mean I just want to stick with an authorised image.

Trying to get hold of UK support to advise of Dashboard recovery without dismantle…but if any forum members are aware of a Dashboard recovery step which I’ve missed in the many posts, or other advice, I’d appreciate.  

Many thanks in advance.  Much appreciated.  Tech forums are so much more useful than the standard helpdesks!

Rootfourme.