Can't connect to My Cloud (error code 32)

I can’t connect to My Cloud for several days, so I restarted My Cloud by unplug/plug the power. In the first 10 minutes, I can connect to the dashboard and ssh to My Cloud. Then it became to not response anymore.
I searched internet, found there are some processes are always running, then I stopped 2 processes:
/etc/init.d/wdmcserverd stop
/etc/init.d/wdphotodbmergerd stop
But it still didn’t work.

After several times restart My Cloud, I found there is an alter in dashboard, it shows filesystem check fail, error code is 32. The detail message is to backup data and reconfiguration the driver. But I don’t know what the steps to do. Does someone know how to do?

Hi billbao,

You can follow the instructions provided in below article in this concern.

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=15181

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for your help.
I found the ip of mycloud in router.
I can ping this ip, also can telnet this ip with port 22 and 80. But can not ssh to mycloud and access dashboard from browser.

If I restart mycloud, I can ssh to mycloud with this ip and access dashboard from browser.
But a few minutes later, both ssh session and dashboard were not response anymore.
It seems some processes are very busy, because I can feel the hard driver keep running when I hold mycloud.
So is there any command I can run to stop mycloud keep busy?

And I can’t write anything to mycloud, the error message is “read only”, maybe it is related to filesystem check fail alter. Is there any instruction to fix this issue?

Thanks