Can't connect to My Cloud (error code 32)

I can’t connect to My Cloud for several days, so I restarted My Cloud by unplug/plug the power. In the first 10 minutes, I can connect to the dashboard and ssh to My Cloud. Then it became to not response anymore.
I searched internet, found there are some processes are always running, then I stopped 2 processes:
/etc/init.d/wdmcserverd stop
/etc/init.d/wdphotodbmergerd stop
But it still didn’t work.

After several times restart My Cloud, I found there is an alter in dashboard, it shows filesystem check fail, error code is 32. The detail message is to backup data and reconfiguration the driver. But I don’t know what the steps to do. Does someone know how to do?

Hi billbao,

You can follow the instructions provided in below article in this concern.

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for your help.
I found the ip of mycloud in router.
I can ping this ip, also can telnet this ip with port 22 and 80. But can not ssh to mycloud and access dashboard from browser.

If I restart mycloud, I can ssh to mycloud with this ip and access dashboard from browser.
But a few minutes later, both ssh session and dashboard were not response anymore.
It seems some processes are very busy, because I can feel the hard driver keep running when I hold mycloud.
So is there any command I can run to stop mycloud keep busy?

And I can’t write anything to mycloud, the error message is “read only”, maybe it is related to filesystem check fail alter. Is there any instruction to fix this issue?

Thanks