Can't connect to MBW

Hi,

I am having a very frustrating problem. RE: 2TB My Book World (white light) edition. Using the supplied software, WD discovery can see the device. I can change device settings when I select configure. When I try to map network device, I get the message " \ MyBookWorld" The network path was not found. Same message when I try to map network drive from computer.The drive is working fine on my other computer. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate. Diagnosis reveals no network errors. The other computer is on windows 7 home premium. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Check the workgroup name, they all have to be the same between computers and the MBW, and check your router to see if it gave an IP address to the MBW so you can map the NAS with the IP adddress instead.

1 Like

Thanks for your information. I found the solution 2 minutes before I read your reply. Although the software detected “mybookworld” it could not find the network path. I could access the settings webpage from the user interface by using admin - password admin.  I could access all of my files through ftp:// 192.168.__.__  using the same credentials. One of the options on the interface was to create a desk top shortcut. I had done that earlier just before posing my question here. The computer asked me for credentials again. Other than admin - password admin. the only other credentials I knew of was     My-PC (My should be replaced with the name of the computer) enter your logon password if you have one and Bingo ! I am back in business! The drive is now working perfectly.

Thanks for your thoughts.

1 Like

Any time =)

1 Like