Can't clone or do a clean install on new Blue 500gb

I’m trying to upgrade the 128gb ssd that came with my ASUS ROG GL752VW-DH74 to a WD Blue 500gb ssd. I used Acronis to clone the original ssd to my hdd data drive with no issues.

When trying to clone from the hdd to the new ssd, the ssd won’t boot and WIndows 10 says the drive needs repaired. I tried EaseUS and tried to do a clean install of Windows on the new ssd, but nothing works. I’ve gotten error codes 0xc0000225, 0xc0000005 and 0xc0000605 depending on what I’m trying to do.

WD SSD Dashboard SMART scan revealed no errors with the new drive.

Is this new drive defective? Any suggestions?

I’ve swapped out hard drives in just about every other computer I’ve owned and never encountered persistent problems like this. Any help would be appreciated.

I have same problem and have tried Macrium and AOMEI clone SW product with same results. This would have been my third WD Blue SSD install on our three computers with no problems on first two (one desktop and one notebook). I suspect my brand new WD Blue 500Gb is defective and plan to return it.

I am having a similar problem with my WDC Blue 500 gb SSD from Newegg. I have an AMD 8-core desktop with a Sandisk 256gb SSD. I ran Acronis True Image to clone my 256 gb drive to my 500 gb. I selected Clone with the Automatic Setting. Computer rebooted as it was supposed to and upon reboot loaded the Acronis loader. Cloning screen came up with a progress bar. Unfortunately after just a few seconds computer rebooted again and this time Windows 10 loaded. Unfortunately File Manager can only see the my original Sandisk 256 gb drive and there is no sign of the WDC SSD. I do see the new WDC Blue SSD when I load WD SSD Dashboard. However the Dashboard tells me my Blue SSD drive health is “poor” and when I click on the question mark next to it it explains the drive should be replaced.

Update: I was able to clone my Sandisk 256 SSD to my WD Blue 500 SSD by using the free version of Macrium Reflect. I did have to use the Win PE option and reboot so that Marcrium loaded at boot time. I then manually selected partitions to copy having to change the order so that primary sector was last and thereby could be resized to maximum space so that all of the new 500 GB SSD space could be utilized… After cloning was complete I shutdown and removed old Sandisk and attached new WD Blue to that Sata cable. Upon powering up computer would begin to load Windows then just go blank with an occasional small spinning icon whenever I moved the mouse. After several minutes of no progress I turned it off. Upon reboot I selected Marcrium Recovery instead of Windows 10 (that option was installed on the boot screen by Marcrium). In the Recovery program I selected Fix Boot Record. After process finished I rebooted and Volia Win 10 booted up and my desktop appeared identical to what was on the Sandisk. - Now only problem is WD SSD Dashboard shows the new WD SSD to be in “Poor Health”. Every other indicator shows no problem and drive appears to working as it should . I have a support case with WD, but so far no response. I suspect this is a glitch of some sort in the software, but would like to know for sure.