Can't browse folders from Apple TV 4K

Hi,

I’m using an Apple TV 4K. I’ve installed an app named “Infuse” which works like a media center. I need to instruct Infuse to look in \Public\Movies. The app can find the Public share but when I try to browse the content I receive an error. Searching their forum points to 2 possible solutions:

1. incorrect user/password but I can’t see that it’s possible to supply user/password… Would guest/guest work by any chance?
  2. Use SMB2 but since there are basically no configuration options I don’t see how I can do that.

Of course this can also be a problem with Infuse but help would be appreciated to troubleshoot. Is there a log that would be useful for example?

Thanks in advance
/M

try guest with no password.

There is also a default pubic SMB share. if you have a Mac you cannot see the public share but there is also a time machine share that can be seen by mac. if you have a windows computer see if you can get to the pubic share and use it for infuse. If you have only a mac you could try using the timemachine share but i would not do this if you are using timemachine as well.

this one is for sonos but may work for infuse as well.

I managed to get it to work by using the admin user (mail address) and password that I use to access the web interface as well. I had to leave the Workgroup field blank before it started working.

/M

the same problems with me and my apple tv4. Nothing is working. I am also working with Infuse. Searching with infuse for netwerk shares brings me 2 shares 00000B9F412 and MYCLOUD-SLA5FL.

trying logging in without workgroup only with log in name and password nothing works. Very very disappointing. I cannot imagine that apple tv cannot work with this WD my cloud home.

Anybody here who has te solution.

1 Like

That’s odd. I only see the share named mycloud-xxxx.

this is ■■■■■■■ bad machine. Impossible to make a new user!!! You can only sent a mail, if you are reacting to that mail you will see on the screen: a new user has made.

which user, where can you see this user.

heh heh very disappointing this product!!!

1 Like

You can use this new program

You can download it from the AppStore, below is a direct link
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/easycloud-for-wd-my-cloud-home/id1353759229?ls=1&mt=8