Can't ask a support question

Hi All. Could anybody advise why I cannot submit a support question. The form keeps telling me to enter a valid model number, but (1) there is no specific field to enter the model, or (2) if the model is being determined from the serial number, I am getting that directly from the devices setup page, so it is definitely valid.

Hello,

Do you get an error number then this happens?

Hi @arcadelt,

Can you private message your model and serial numbers, please? We’re looking into this now.

Hi @Hamlet. No, there is no error message, just a highlighted comment.

Yes, very stupid of me @Hamlet - its early. Thanks for catching that. @Bill_S did ask me to PM and I will do that now.

No need to I can read the edit.

Already sent. As the post can still be read (even if only by admin, staff and mods) I have deleted the post.

Hi @arcadelt

Can you try creating a support case now? I think we fixed it, and it would be a help if you tried it.

Contact Support
http://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

Bill_S

1 Like

Thanks @Bill_S, whatever you did fixed the problem. The support request I submitted that prompted this thread is real just in case you thought I might create a dummy.

I would have been fine with a dummy case just to make sure we fixed the issue. :grinning: I’m glad it’s fine now. Thanks for the heads up.

Noticed this was edited too. So basically, I shouldn’t be posting any designation numbers in this forum?

Correct. It’s to protect your privacy.

I am new to the community and having problems with activating the Acronis software. The main issue is that when trying to first register the hard drive I cannot do so because the web page implies my serial number is invalid.

I have no idea why this is happening as it is a brand new drive, more importantly I have not just read the serial number myself. I used the “Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostic (DLGDIAG)” software which of course served to confirm the validity of the serial number!

The product registration page and the “Create a Support Case” both use the same page layout and as it does not recognise my serial number I am effectively blocked from getting direct help from WD?

Without overcoming the serial number problem and being able to register the hard drive I am also unable to adequately install and activate the Acronis software. I have been in touch with the Acronis support team but all they are willing to say is that the Acronis software is an OEM product and that as such they cannot offer any support, which in itself is frustrating.

At the end of the day without the serial number on a legitimate hard drive being recognised by WD I am unable to use the drive as intended and I remain extremely disappointed.

Hello whitbycolin,

Please check your inbox.