Can't add email string in User Profile

Just got new MyCloud. Updated to version v04.00.01-623. Did a manual install. Added several shares and users without any problems. Went back to add email string to a user, and dashboard froze showing “Updating”. Clicked browser refresh button to recover, and error message #250010 briefly showed (This email account cannot be deleted) then went through relogin to Home Screen. Did a manual registration, and tried again. Screen still freezes with “Updating” message. Did a reboot. Same problem. Now depending on how long I wait to refresh screen, I get error message #250010, a relogin to Home screen, or sometimes a very quick web page about securing system, then a relogin to Home screen. In all cases, the email string under the user profile remains blank. All attempts were performed while logged in as admin with no password. User accounts have passwords. Attempts included trying to add an email string to the admin account. Can anyone help?

Craig

Hi CraigW, have you tried disconnecting the My Cloud power cable for 15/20 second and then tried again? You can also try using another web browser.

Hi jubei04,

Neither of those suggestions helped. I tried both Firefox and IE, and both had the same problem. Did a quick Factory restore, and after readding 1 user, the problem still existed. Suspect it is related to firmware version v04.00.01-623, since I haven’t seen anyone else complaining. Any more hints?

Craig

Additional input.

Tried adding an email string during new user setup dialog. The information appeared to save without any errors, but when the user web page redisplayed, the email box was blank. Something is wrong with firmware version v04.00.01-623. Submitted request for tech support. Will publish results.

Craig

Not sure but it could be the mycloud is not connecting to the Internet. when you add an email it needs to connect to WD servers to send an email to the user for account setup

are you using DHCP? Or static IP?

do you have SSH enabled? If so try ping yahoo.com

I believe 1 of the screens show an Internet status although I forget which one

HI larryg0,

I believe MyCloud is connecting to internet without problems. Have it setup to send notification emails to 2 separate email addresses on separate domains, and both accounts receive these alert messages. The device is using DHCP and is receiving a valid IP address. SSH and FTP are both disabled. The Settings/Network/Status is showing internet access enabled. The only other thing is that Cloud Access is OFF. Don’t need it, don’t want it.

Craig

Any chance you already added a device to that user account? If yes remove the cloud device and try again entering the email address. Else remove and recreate the user.

If by device you mean a device to access the MyCloud through the internet, that has never happened. Cloud access has been disabled since I first got the MyCloud. As far as adding and removing users, I have done that several times and still get the same error. Even after a Factory Restore.

CraigW wrote:> The only other thing is that Cloud Access is OFF. Don’t need it, don’t want it.

Craig

What are you trying to enter the email for then?

the email for the user is only to be able to get remote access and is probably why it won’t let you add it. an error message to that effect would be nice

1 Like

larryg0 wrote:> the email for the user is only to be able to get remote access and is probably why it won’t let you add it. an error message to that effect would be nice

Didn’t realize the email was ONLY good for remote access. The manual wasn’t explicit in this area. Expected it to be used for other user messages (e.g. volume full, backup successful/fail, etc.) With this limitation, will ignore the email entries, and consider this question answered.

Thanks larryg0 for the info.

Craig