Can't access WD My Cloud

I’m posting another answer here, to help other users in the future as this is the page I found, but the current answers didn’t solve the problem.

I had very similar symptoms - I could previously access wdmycloud using Windows file explorer, but on a new Windows10 laptop I could no longer access it. I could use the WD My Cloud application in Windows to access the files, but when I tried to load the drive in file explorer it would just say that the location could not be reached. I could successfully ping the mycloud device both by name and IP address, but connecting by file explorer didn’t work (going to \wdmycloud). I had another Windows 10 laptop on the network that was able to open \wdmycloud in file explorer without any problem.

It turned out the problem was caused by by new Windows 10 laptop being attached to an Azure domain.

To enable access to the device via file explorer I did this:

• Opened Windows Credential Manager (You can find it in the control panel).
  • Added a new credential with the name of the device as the server (wdmycloud)
  • Most importantly instead of just using my user name (josh) as the user name I had to add the device name and a backslash first: wdmycloud\josh (If you don’t do this, then Windows actually tries to login with your computer’s domain in front of the user name).

As soon as I saved those credentials I was able to access the drive through file explorer.

Hope this helps.