Cant access WD my cloud content on samsung smart TV

Hello everyone I just brought a 4TB my cloud and super excited. it works perfectly well when i access it from macbook. i have samsung UN55F6300AF smart TV. media sharing is on in my cloud. I am not able to access any of its content on my TV. i am new to linux and can anyone please please guide me step by step how to access the content on my tv. i have tons of movies and music on cloud drive and would like to access it directly on TV rather than on my laptop and do screen mirroring from my samsung phone or airplay from my apple tv. please help me. i am totally lost.

Hello and welcome to the WD community.

Are you able to see the My Cloud as a source on the TV since what you will be able to see the My Cloud media server portion. Make sure Media streaming is turned on, this option is located on the settings section of  the dashboard of the My Cloud.

Check to see what you have showing on the Dashboard and your network. See images below. Is your TV showing? I have a Sony Media Player attached to my HDTV.

My media player showing in my network.

When I want to watch something located on my WD My Cloud I have to switch from my cable to wi-fi on my television.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

No. I cannot see WD cloud as a source in my TV. Media streaming setting is on.

this is what my settings page looks like