Can't access WD My Book Live from different network

Hi all,

I’m the first to admit I am a bit of a technlogical **bleep**, but I think I already know the answer to my own question.

I recently installed, upon advice from Australian tech-store JB Hi-Fi, a 3TB My Book Live to my office network. Myself and all my staff use Macbook Pro’s. I was under the impression that as long as my modem was turned on in the office, and My Book was turned on and plugged into the modem, I would be able to access those files regardless of how I was connected to the internet. I travel a lot and I need to access files that are regularly updated and edited by all of my staff…am I right in assuming that despite what I was told by JB, I have to be connected to my office network to access the remote hard drive? Is there any way of accessing it without been connected to my office network?

Cheers

No, you don’t need to be on the same network in order to access the my book files. Check the link below for the steps.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7080/session/L3RpbWUvMTM0NjUyOTcxMS9zaWQvNjVSSUdhNWw%3D