Can't access private shares from Mac OS

I’ve given read/write access to a user on two private shares and when I connect to the EX2100 as that user via Finder only the public shares appear on the list of folders available to mount. The private shares do not appear.

How do I access the private folders?

Thanks for any pointers.

Ok. Forget this.
When trying to figure out why all the private shares had their user access options disabled I had tried creating a group and placed the user in the group to see if that would allow me to set the private access permissions. Well it turns out that the default settings for users in the group is to have no access to the shares. After updating the group permissions the private shares now appear.

WD really needs to improve the help on setting up private share user access. Nowhere does it say that you have to turn public access off completely before you can setup per-user permissions. This is what got me into trouble in the first place.

1 Like

Hello, I am glad to read that you were able to solve the issue.

Thank. You. So. Much.
I had the same problem and was pulling my hairs out as to why the private shares didn’t want to mount (actually: did not show up for mounting). Turned out I had the same problem with the Group permissions overriding the User permissions. Kind of strange behavior. I had an OS X server until a year ago and that same setting would not have caused this problem.
Anyway, glad I found your post.
Thanks
Koenraad