Can't access or re-map WDTV LiveHub Share (Win 7)

Hi Guys,

I’ve lost connectivity to my WD TVLiveHub Drive via my Win7 network shares.

It’s coinsided with me losing my ISP today (Sky need OpenReach to investigate). Now I know it has nothing to do with my ISP, as its an internal network issue.

I can still see all my other devices on my network, when I do an IP Scan, such as iPads, iPhones, TV, MYCLOUD NAS etc. My scan actual shows also the LiveHub as having an IP Address (192.168.0.8), but windows says the path cannot be accessed.

When I try an re-map it via Windows Explorer, it shows 2 network locations (MyCloud & LiveHub), yet it won’t connect?!

Does anyone have any ideas, or seen this before? I cant even access the web GUI via the IP address??

The WD logo on the front of the device is also constantly flashing, as if scanning the drive/compiling the library.

Thanks

Darren

Hello there,

Try to reset the unit and see if this fixes the issue for you. Here is a link that might help you out with he reset process:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3646

Hi,

I’ve tried that, and still the same.

I’ve also downloaded the latest firmware, and put it on to two different USB keys, rebooted the hub with each key in both USB ports, and it doesnt do anything, just constantly stuck on the Logo Screen with ‘Loading…’ at the bottom.

It appears that the device may well and truly knackered, as I cant reset, or boot up using USB Keys with new firmware.

Does anyone know what the boot sequence is of the Hub, or a way of forcing it to read off one of the USB ports at boot up???

Thanks

Darren

dnewman wrote:
The WD logo on the front of the device is also constantly flashing, as if scanning the drive/compiling the library.

What sort LED flashing ?

From searching the forum … The Three / Three / Three led flashing pattern is a signal of failed hardware diagnostics during bootup

If that’s the case, i can only recommend contacting WD Support  http://support.wdc.com/

dnewman wrote:

Hi,

I’ve also downloaded the latest firmware, and put it on to two different USB keys, rebooted the hub with each key in both USB ports, and it doesnt do anything, just constantly stuck on the Logo Screen with ‘Loading…’ at the bottom.

Thanks

Darren

Just a reminder on the firmware - If you have downloaded the firmware and it is the SAME version that is currently installed on the Hub, then the Hub will not see the firmware as an update because the Hub is already at that version.

Also - make sure your Hub’s settings reflects “auto update” as ON.

flhthemi wrote: Also - make sure your Hub’s settings reflects “auto update” as ON. 

That’s odd, my WDTV Live Hub doesent have a “auto update” feature ?

It has a “Dectect New Firmware” feature however… which requires confirmation by pressing “OK” to proceed

and since dnewman is stuck on the Logo Screen with ‘Loading…’ at the bottom … then thats not much good

but if by luck, if it is “looking” for a new firmware or recovery …

then @ dnewman… download Firmware 3.12.13 again, copy the files onto a usb stick and then edit the wdtvlivehub.ver file

From this …

VERSION=‘3.12.13’
LOCATION=‘wdtvlivehub.bin’
PKG_LOCATION=‘wdtvlivehub.pkg’
ROOTFS2=‘wdtvlivehub.bi2’

to this …

VERSION=‘4.12.13’
LOCATION=‘wdtvlivehub.bin’
PKG_LOCATION=‘wdtvlivehub.pkg’
ROOTFS2=‘wdtvlivehub.bi2’

switch off the Live Hub at the power switch on the wall (or at the powerstrip) and insert the usb stick switch back on and X fingers

Thanks Joey, you knew what I ment :wink:

I haven’t watched anything on mine for a while so “auto Update” = Check for new firmware…

Dang I hate getting old.

I knew what you meant, but dnewman and others may not have :wink: