Cant access my public or download files in WD Drive Sharespace

I recently upgraded my broadband and during updating swapped out my wireless hub for a new one (through virgin media in UK). Since this change I havent been able to access any of my files, when I try to access my public folder (which shows up when i find the WD Drive on my PC) I get the message:

“The operation can’t be completed because the original item for “Public” can’t be found.”

Has anyone else had this issue? is there anyway for me to fix this problem?

Please let me know if anyone needs more info if they would like to try and help me to fix this,

thanks!!

Try removing the connection from the hub and connecting dirctly to the PC or router . See if the error message persits. Also make sure you have mapped the drive. Let me know how that turns out.

Had the same problem, are you using Virgins superhub (netgear)? if so, it seems the superhub can’t handle it. I’ve been speaking to Virgins high level complaints department and they have admitted that the new superhub has issues and they are awaiting a firmware update from netgear (lame excuse). Although the netgear superhub is great for general surfing it cannot handle networking very well. I have splashed out £120 on a new netgear WNDR3700 which I installed only last night and so far deleting, transfering files via the network is lightening wirelessly. I have my WD my book attached aswell as my xbox, 2 iphones and 2 laptops and there was no lag in accessing my storage. Don’t bother contacting Virgin for technical help they’re useless.