Can't access My Cloud on Windows v1803

#1

Hi,
I have two computers, one brand new, and the other one has been in use for quite some times already.
On the oldest one, I had mapped network shares from My Cloud, and they are working fine, updated to v1803, and it’s still working fine, I can access them from the letter I assigned, for example Z: will lead to \THE-CLOUD\Tristan.
Now I configured the newest computer with Windows v1803, everything has already been installed, so I’d rather not have to downgrade, which would force me to reinstall everything.
When I try to map My Cloud, I can’t see it, I heard it’s because of how WORKGROUP has been removed from the latest version, but in another post, they said that I could access it with the static ip, and from the path, which should either be \192.168.1.13\ or \THE-CLOUD, none of them are working, I get an unspecified error.
What can I do to map My Cloud, I’m running out of ideas.

Thanks

#2

This, perhaps?

#3

Thanks for the answer, thats amongst the things I already tried, and it doesn’t work unfortunately.

#4

I think you need to check the network settings on your new computer, compared to your old one.

#5

First, WORKGROUP has not been removed, it was Home Group that was removed from the latest Windows 10 update. See example images below. I have Windows 10 with all updates.

image

You will no longer find Home Group in the Control Panel.

Check this out and see if this is the problem. How are you trying to map the drive? Do you have WD Quick View?

Map using Quick View.

WDMyCloudMapWQV

#6

Settings were default on both, and even on my desktop, I can’t find My Cloud anymore, I can only access what was already here prior to the update. Thanks for the suggestion !

#7

Hi, I reinstalled an older version and mapped the drive, then upgraded. Here is what I did before just in case someone needs it.
I had indeed seen that WORKGROUP was still here, I was in it, but I couldn’t change, and it didn’t look like it mattered anyway, because I still couldn’t connect.
I used SMB v1, even connected in SSH to My Cloud to force it, disabled SMB v2 and v3, nothing worked.
I had WD Access installed, and the option to map wasn’t there, as for the open option, it wasn’t doing anything.
Other than that, when I was mapping I was doing it through Windows, right click on My Computer and Map network drives, I tried the other options as well, with the IP and the name, tried to directly access it, wasn’t working. The NFS was kinda working, but I couldn’t find where to log in.
Would you mind checking if you are able to map a new share of your My Cloud if you are on 1803 ?
Thanks for your help and the time you took to answer.

#8

As I showed in my earlier post I have Windows 10 with all updates. I showed Windows specifications and the update was on 5/1/2018. Here is an image showing I was able to map my Horace share without any problems. I, however, do not use mapped drives.

image

#9

Thanks for your answer, after reinstalling Windows on an older version and upgrading to 1803, it can indeed recognize My Cloud on the network.
My desktop which has been using Windows 10 since its release can still connect to my shares but cannot find new ones, in fact, it cannot even find My Cloud. Something in 1803 must have messed with my computer settings, as it was working perfectly fine before.
In all cases, thanks for the help.
Have a nice day.

#10

Thanks so much for the windows features screenshot! I took a look at these settings on my new laptop (which was having the exact same issue described in this post) and saw a black square instead of a check at the SMB 1.0 feature. The note that a ‘filled box means that only part of the feature is turned on’ encouraged me to ‘drop down’ that feature, where I found that one box was indeed unchecked. I checked that box and restarted. All works as it should now!

image

Then I checked the settings on my hard-wired Desktop and found that only the top two boxes were checked, so I tried un-checking the last box on my laptop again. When I restarted, it still could access the files on my MyCloud device. So it seems that just toggling this setting on and then off, resolves this issue (for wifi-connected Win10 machines).