Cant access My Book Live Duo and constant blinking green

I have had my My Book Live Duo for a couple of years - worked fine.

Today I cant access it, it worked fine a couple of days ago… My PC says “Drive is not accessible”. Tried to log onto it in different ways, cant find it on the the network. Also tried a different computer, same problem.
-I have tried to reboot it - no effect
-I have tried to reboot my network (which is working fine for all other units) - no effect
-The LED in front is blinking green constantly, and it is blinking green on the backside indicating data going in/out, but I have not used it lately.
-I tried to reset it to factory settings by using a paper clip in the small hole on the back, held it in for more than 3 seconds, nothing happens.

Anyone got an idea how to get it up and running again?

According to the manual, the blinking green light indicates drive activity, reading and/or writing. Did you power cycle the drive, turn it off and back on?

Also, how is the drive connected to your network router?

Turning it off and on was the first thing I tried. Tried it several times. Pulled the plug, wait for 15 sec, boot it up again. It goes through a cycle of blinking in different colors, but ends at blinking green.Yesterday the light suddenly turned red for a while, then back to blinking green. When I put my ear against it I can hear that the discs are working.

I have no idea what it is doing. I have not started any copy/save job or tried to access it for a couple of days before yesterday, and it did not work.

It is connected directly to my router. My computer is also connected to the same router (cat 5 or cat 6). I also have another computer connected to the same router. Both computers used to be able to access the NAS. I use it for storing pictures. A copule of days ago it was working fine, yesterday it did not. I have not changed anything on my computers or may network in the mean time. I have also tried to turn of everything (router, NAS, computer) and then turn everything on again. No effect.

I am also surprised that I am not able to reset to factory settings. Have tried to push in the button through the small hole on the back with a paperclip. I can hear the button clicking, but nothing happens. Hold in in for 3 sec, nothing, 5 sec, nothing, 20 sec, nothing.

I have all my pictures on this NAS, so it is important for me to get it working.

Hi,

I’ve got the my book live 2tb version its about 3 years old. I basically use it as a NAS drive for my video collection connected to Kodi via SMB. I copied all my video, music, and photo’s to my new mycloud mirror which was going to be my new NAS. I then restored my mybook live to factory settings and as a backup i started to copy over my photo’s to it just incase my new ever NAS failed etc…!
Well as i started to copy over the photos i noticed that the transfer rate went from around 30mbs down to 10mbs and then 0mbs and it go up and down but not going more than 5mbs…!?
So i stopped copying the files and tried to access the settings via the web interface which took absolutley ages to open.
I noticed that the green light was still flashing even though i was no longer writing to it?
After another factory reset i tried again and the same thing happened again, i downloaded the latest firmware and tried that but it carried on doing the samething…flashing green light, very slow writing and slow access to web interface.
So i just left it running and after about 10-12hrs and it finally went to the standard blue standby light. Now i’ve been on a few WD forums and apparently the mybook live is “indexing” all of the files that are copied onto it so its easier to access them remotley on your mobile or tablet!!??
Hope this helps!!??

I have had my My Book LiveDuo for many years - it worked fine.

A few days ago I coul not access it, it worked fine about a week ago. My PC says “Drive is not accessible”. Tried to log onto it in different ways, cant find it on the the network. Also tried a different computer, same problem.
-I have tried to reboot it - no effect
-I have tried to reboot my network (which is working fine for all other units) - no effect
-The LED in front is green constantly or blink for a few hours, then return constant green, and it is blinking green on the backside indicating data going in/out, but I have not used it lately.
-I tried to reset it to factory settings by using a paper clip in the small hole on the back, held it in for more than 5 seconds. It seems to do something as the green led starts blinking for a few hours, then returns to constant green.
The LiveDuo is connected to the network as I can view the icon and the files using window 7.
The problem is I cannot connect to it using my iPhone, my iPad and also I cannot access the main setting board on the internet or everywhere else.

Anyone got an idea how to get it up and running again?

Can you ping your disk from terminal?