Can't access My Book Live dashboard/windows

Hello All,

First off I have been posting in the wrong forum, so for ease it is all here:

Original Post In WD My Cloud

In general, I cant access my My Book Like via the Dashboard or Windows Explorer. I used to be able to access it via Windows however now after doing a 40s reset I have lost access.

The HHD used to be pluged into my router and was on the network. I could ping the device and access it using WDTV Live, just couldnt get to the Dashboard. Which was lost after the reset

Shortly after all this my HHD was displaying contents empty. Now all access is lost after doing the 40s reset but when you do the 40s reset it should put it back to defualt.

However Network and my cmd prompt is still picking it up as its original name and not its default. So now am trying to do a factory restore due to having no contents. I currently have the device connected directly to my laptop instead of on the network, due to being away. The devcice still picks up a local IP address 169.254… When it was in the network it aquired a LAN address of 192.168…

What is there to be done to help? I cant access the UI or use Putty(SSH), so how can you factory restore or make it accessible again?

All ideas would be helpfull! Thanks

Your original post has been moved to the correct forum.  Please continue the discussion there.