Can't access iTunes server on World Edition II from Mac

@JohnC - I tried this but it did not bring up anything. I assume I am using the IP of the World edition II.

Joseph wrote:

@JohnC - I tried this but it did not bring up anything. I assume I am using the IP of the World edition II.

Correct. IP or hostname example http://mybookworld:3689

That is correct.  if you type in   //ipaddress of your unit (you can use the name):3689 it should bring up a windows login screen prompting you for a user name and passsword.

User:   admin

Password:  mt-daapd

see if that helps for the access

No I understand what you are asking me.  when I put http://10.0.1.2:3689 it tells me it cant establish a connection to the server.  If I remove the :3689 it brings up the login page.

The :3689 is suppose to bring up the iTunes server. If its not coming up, try a restart of the unit.  But it is sounding like there is an issue with the media server.

Ok some progress. I was able to reboot and get to the page where its asking for windows login.  I put in admin and mt-daapd.  It tells me that this is inaccurate.  I am starting believe that there is something wrong with this unit

With all the times that you have been going through this.  Try rebooting your computer then try it again

Rebooted and got the below when I tried 10:0:1:2:3689:

401 Unauthorized

Unauthorized

Error 401

mt-daapd: svn-1586

try mt-daapd/mt-daapd

Ok i had some problem and i have solved it. The problem was in my mp3: I had set up, in itunes, my name as “Album Artist” of my compilation. So, my itunes server crashed (i don’t know why). I have deleted all “abum artist” field from all my mp3 , leaving it empty (album artist is the second field in the tag editor of itunes) and i have set up my compilation as “compilation” in itunes. After that my itunes server works again! Don’t lose your time with itunes server settings, the problem is in the tags of your mp3! Solve it by itunes and move your music in your mybookworld. After that: 1) Go to WDMBWE, Configuration, Advanced , Media, stop he iTunes service 2) Configuration/Advanced »> enable SSH 3) Using SSH Telnet, login to WDMBWE (or admin) as root (password welc0me or whatever) 4) Go to /DataVolume/jewab/mt-daapd 5) There will be a songs3.db there and maybe some sort of journal file. DELETE these. 6) Exit ssh 7) Go to WDMBWE, Configuration, Advanced , Media, start the iTunes service

arvik84;

Big THANK YOU for telling us about the SSH client way. I’ve personally never played with SSH, but with a few commands I picked up via Google, I was able to log in, navigate, and delete the said files. My iTunes now plays the files just fine and no more ERROR messages.

Thanks again.

I tried this ssh remedy, but i get a permission denied message when i enter the code - 

/DataVolume/jewab/mt-daapd: Permission denied

Is there something i’m doing wrong ?

cheers

mark.

I gave up on the World book.  I bought the world book primary because of the itunes server.  I could never work.  WD support was absolutely useless.  I bought an Apple TV and I am now extremely happy.

I’m going to give up on the WDMBWE 2 & return it.

Apart from Apple TV, can anyone suggest other alternatives that offer the same functionality as the WDMBWE 2, but they actually work with a mac based network (without spending a fortune)?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

Mark.