Can't access G-RAID from Mac Mojave

WD, any progress on this issue. Having the same problem. Looks like we’re coming up on a year of this issue.

The Utility that you provided is THE ONE that Mojave users need. I downloaded 3 different configurators and read many conversations about this. Wow. I blew 45 minutes before I found this. W-D should put this PROMINENTLY on their site. I searched their site backwards and forwards and found a bunch of downloads stating that they are no longer supported and will no longer be available after August 2021. You should let the powers that be know this. I just spent $2,000 on 3 of these G-RAID devices and I expect more from a company taking that kind of money from me. Thank you VERY MUCH for posting the CORRECT configurator Rydia!!

1 Like

Holy **** I’m so screwed if this is the case. :hot_face: I just spent a ton on three different Thunderbolt G-Raids and Disk. OMG!

Join the club. I started this thread 2-1/2 years ago and fought with WD until they finally admitted their software didn’t work but promised to fix it… someday. Obviously, that was a bald-faced lie.

If there’s any good news it’s that my three G-Raid drives have been reliable (so far). I still have an old MacBook Pro with Mountain Lion I keep around for if/when they eventually bite it.

I’ll never buy another WD product that relies on proprietary software.

Rydia is WD staff and she sent me the correct configurator that worked just fine. If you need one for Mojave I’ll put it up on this forum for you. I’ve seen 3 different configurators and if you’re working with a different OS than Mojave, one of the others might work for you. I let her know that WD needed to do a better job of posting the correct info and to make it easy to locate. I had to spend a bunch of time on this issue when it was such a simple request, changing my G RAID back to RAID 1 from RAID 0. That should be no big deal. I purchased 2-8TB drives and a 12TB drive within a week. I like the solution and they’ve worked well for the short time that I’ve owned them. I have a high dollar Synology 5 bay NAS but because it’s only accessible through the network, it is much slower and finicky. I find these Direct Access devices to work perfectly for me. I’ve been looking for a solution to keep my files portable while using them in many different locations throughout the year. I’m looking at the G-RAID G Speed Shuttle in the 40-56TB range with a Pelican case. I think that would be a wonderful solution to my needs. I also need to learn about software RAID configurator and configuration at the hardware level. Can anyone shed light on that? Thanks!