Can't Access Files with MyCloud App on IPhone and thru mycloud.com

The problem with the MyCloud App on my IPhone and thru mycloud.com not working.

Here’s my observation.

I changed from Comcast to Verizion Fios recenlty, and put in a new Verizon router connected to fios, then problems began with my Gen1 WDMyCloud 2TB device.

Here’s the problem

1. Sometimes the IPhone app (MyCloud) works as normal (~10-20% of the time)
  2. When it doesn’t work, WDMyCloud is not accessible, and you can’t access the files on the drive. This can happen in the same day as #1
  3. When #2 happens, I can’t login to my account either from MyCloud.com either. It says "Can’t connect to WDMyCloud when I try to login.
  4. When I am connected at home on my WiFi it works just fine, every time no problems

The blue light is lit solid all the time.

Are other people having this problem?

I’ve called the tech support people and they are helpful. We delete my admin user email address and reinstall it again, along with powering down/up the new router and WDMyCloud device. After all this, it works again correctly when not connected to the WiFi at home. But the next day it stops working again
I’ve opened two cases with the support people but this still hasn’t fixed the problem for more than a day.

Any ideas?

Case Details

Case # [Removed due to privacy policy]
Category Troubleshooting
Subject My Cloud Mobile App Issue
Product WDBCTL0020HWT-NESN
WD My Cloud 2 TB

Hello, dannw1431gmail

Please check your inbox.

Hi Rocky

My contact info is

Here’s my case info from befor

When I worked with them, it was fixed but then reverts back to not working
in the same day. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t

It does this every day

It’s intermittent. Same as when I try to login from my PC thru the
mycloud.com account

/Dann

https://mandrillapp.com/track/click/30709375/support.wdc.com?p=eyJzIjoiYWthVHZJNm5Bdk84OWstM1gzVHNGMTlLQWhJIiwidiI6MSwicCI6IntcInVcIjozMDcwOTM3NSxcInZcIjoxLFwidXJsXCI6XCJodHRwczpcXFwvXFxcL3N1cHBvcnQud2RjLmNvbVxcXC9wcm9kdWN0LmFzcHg_SUQ9OTA0Jmxhbmc9ZW5cIixcImlkXCI6XCIyZjJjNmJhMDE4Mzg0OTZkOTczNTFiNWU0ODMwY2Q4ZVwiLFwidXJsX2lkc1wiOltcImNjZjA4NjZjMzJjMmVmNDdlOTE4MDQwYjMwOGUyMDFiYTI0MWJhMzhcIl19In0
Case Details

Case # ***************
Category Troubleshooting
Subject My Cloud Mobile App Issue
Product WDBCTL0020HWT-NESN
WD My Cloud 2 TB

Hello, dannw1431gmail

You will get a call from our technical support soon.