Can't access any sared folders on my WD Sharespace 4TB

i get the message access denied all the time on any computer i try to access shared folders… :frowning:

1 Like

It sounds like you are sending the wrong credentials to the drive. Are you able to log into the devices manager? Have you tried rebooting and re-entering your login information?

I can log into the devices manager

Yes i tryed that and factory default reset and that dosent help…

Hmmmm… Could you provide any more information… what OS’s are you trying to connect from? What firmware do you have? Do you have logging enabled? If so could you provide a copy? Did you map the drive, or are you trying to manually access it?

It sounds like the OS is remebering the credentials, but a reboot should solve that…

what is latest releace on firmware mine is 2.1.93… yes 93 not 92 … (2.1.93 with MioNet 4.2.27 is it diffrent in scandinavia ??)

i tryd this [deleted] on my laptopp dosent wooork… laptopp is win 7 32 bit, my computer is vista 64 bit… same problem on 2 computers…

i conect wd [deleted] space 4 tb directly on both com puters didnt help samme message no acsesss

im getting alitle bit angry here now… :frowning: sry for my no good english

i think this is the lasttim i purcase anything from WD :frowning:

and i have reboot ,map drives ,factory reset, every thing… same problem i can log inn , but noo acsess to any thing :frowning:

and the log says nothing… and i get message contact andmin and grant som acsess or something, but i maping drives as admin an it stil dosent work :frowning: :frowning: i hate this thing

Sorry one last question for you… could you get me a screenshot of that error message? I think that’s the key to all this. If i’m right the issue is with the OS (Windows) and not with the drive. Also are you by chance working on a business machine? Do you know if you have full administrative access to your computer?

Have you tried any computer with a different operating system?  What happens if you try accessing the drive using FTP?  Can you update your drive’s firmware to 2.2.9?

sure seems like credentials.

OP - have you tried setting up Windows Credentials with your username and password?

Yes i tried another computer with a different operating system  it seems i can use ftp  FTP  i cant uppdate to 2.2.9

ive tryed manually get this message "

Failed to upload new firmware image to system!

and : automated says >> Your device is up to date.

WDJeremy wrote:

Have you tried any computer with a different operating system?  What happens if you try accessing the drive using FTP?  Can you update your drive’s firmware to 2.2.9?

karbonphyber wrote:

sure seems like credentials.

OP - have you tried setting up Windows Credentials with your username and password?

How ???

It worked for a half year then sudently no acces

I recommend that you access your drive via FTP and extract the information from the ShareSpace since yours doesn’t seem to work properly anymore.  Once you copy your data off the drive, perform a Restore Factory Default.  This will reconstruct the drive’s OS and shares.  Afterwards, you can update your drive’s firmware and then reload your data onto the drive.

WDJeremy wrote:

I recommend that you access your drive via FTP and extract the information from the ShareSpace since yours doesn’t seem to work properly anymore.  Once you copy your data off the drive, perform a Restore Factory Default.  This will reconstruct the drive’s OS and shares.  Afterwards, you can update your drive’s firmware and then reload your data onto the drive.

oki i wil perform a Restore Factory Default for the 3. time end se if thats help…

WDJeremy wrote:

Didn’t work at all, cant update firmware… / cant access folders … :frowning: :angry:

After alot of tryouts… i maped my Sharespace with ftp conection,

then i get acssess to other folders at my Sharespace

and i upload new firmvare and now every thing works great…

sry for my bad English …