Cannot View Files in Windows 8 After Firmware Update

Hello,

I have my My Book Live Duo 6TB firmware updated few days ago to this version : MyBookLiveDuo 02.40.06-048 : Core F/W

Since the firmware update, I have been unable to view the files using my Windows 8 64-bit PC which has WD Quick View installed. Either using the new ‘View my files’ button or clicking directly on the drive under ‘Network’ in ‘Computer’ didn’t work. I have rebooted the drive and updated Java but the problem persists.

However, on another computer of mine which runs Windows 7 64-bit, it can view the files through either method. This makes me wonder whether it is a bug in WD Quick View or when it runs in Windows 8? I would like to hear some suggestions on solving this problem as the Windows 8 PC is used as the main computer with plenty of files to be synchronized.

Thanks for helping and happy holiday!

Try disconnecting the my book from the PC were is not recognized and then map it again using WDlink. Check the link below for the steps. 

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8573/session/L3RpbWUvMTM1NjM4NzQwMy9zaWQvdGdRamxBZWw%3D

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried your method but the problem still persists.

When I used WD Link software, I couldn’t use ‘Map Drive’ because eventhough I’ve highlighted the drive, there’s nothing showing under ‘Drive Map’. I can, however, create a Desktop shortcut but that will give me an error message whenever I open it (as mentioned below).

I can see the drive in my ‘Network’, I can access the Dashboard but I can’t open the folder to transfer my files. Whenever I open it (either clicking on the icon or typing its address directly), I just get ‘Windows cannot access \192.168.1.6’ error (it’s assigned that address using DHCP). When I click the details, the error code is 0x80070035. I have not installed any anti-virus or firewall, so that shouldn’t be a possible problem.

All my other PC (including one Windows 8 notebook) can access it. It’s only that computer which can’t. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Is this a windows 8 upgrade, or a fresh install?  Lots of people on the net have complained that upgrades from 7 to 8 mess up networking…

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It’s actually a fresh install. I have finally solved the problem by manually creating a new Windows Credential with corresponding username and password.

Thanks for the help and Merry Christmas!

1 Like

Can you please detail your solution? I run into the exact same problem…

So you suspect that the user profile was corrupt?

billyfoo wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It’s actually a fresh install. I have finally solved the problem by manually creating a new Windows Credential with corresponding username and password.

Thanks for the help and Merry Christmas!