Cannot view backdrop photos for movies. Works for TV shows

I am no longer able to view backdrop photos for movies by selecting “Options” and then “View Backdrop Photos” from the menu. All I get are the titles above without any photos displayed below. It stopped functioning approximately one or two months ago for all of my movies.  TV show pictures are able to be displayed and work fine.

The XML file exists and if I open it I am able to copy the URL into my browser and see the photo from my computer.  So all the information exists - its just the WD Live Player won’t display it.

I attempted to correct the problem without any luck by rescanning a few individual movies and also by clearing and rebuilding my media library.

I am running the latest version of firmware 1.16.13.

I know others have had a similar issue but there doesn’t seem to be a solution.  Guess I will contact WD if no one has any ideas offhand.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-SMP-Discussions/Problem-Viewing-Backdrop-Photos-From-Menu-for-Movies/td-p/600807

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

1 Like

Hello, have you trying rolling back to a previous firmware version? 

How to roll back the firmware on a WD TV Live Hub Media Center or WD TV Live Streaming Media Player 

I also have the same problem, a couple of months I had the fw 1:12. ** I updated to fw 1:16. ** but the problem remained, solutions?
hello thanks

no problem with FW update 2.01.86 now everything works fine.

hello thanks