Cannot use Acronis to upgrade my drive

Hi, I purchased a Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB SATA 

under the following condition:

“Upgrading your drive is easy - WD Acronis TrueImage, available as a free download on the WD Support site, enables you to copy all your data to a new drive so you don’t have to reinstall your operating system to get all the benefits of a new drive.”

Unfortunately this is absolutely impossible to do  – there are NO instructions I can find, there’s no logical way I can figure out how to do this.  I can clone my current drive to my external drive, but then what? How do I get stuff on the new drive? If I put the new drive new, how is is the computer suppose to run. Does any have a helpful link?

Hi this is the pdf help file for Acronis its on page 84 how to clone the drive.  http://support.wdc.com/download/notes/atiwduserguide_14192/ATIH2010WD_userguide_14192_en.pdf

Thank you for the link, but all I can find is this, and it makes no sense:

"To add a new hard disk drive, you must first install it in your computer, install and run Acronis True 

Image WD Edition, and then start the Add New Disk wizard."

I’ve cloned my current HD to an external drive, but to install the new HD, I have to take out my old drive and install the new one, but  there is nothing on the new drive. How/where do I install and run Acronis True Image WD Edition?

Hammey wrote:

Hi this is the pdf help file for Acronis its on page 84 how to clone the drive.  http://support.wdc.com/download/notes/atiwduserguide_14192/ATIH2010WD_userguide_14192_en.pdf

Hi well as I see it you have your old HD in the sytem to boot to and you have the other new drive hooked up to a different sata port so it is a slave drive and then run the clone to it. It also says the new hard drive should have nothing on it no partitons or files. install it in your computer means you have both drives hooked up to the computer and boot to your old drive. So your old drive would be on the sata number 1 port and the new drive on the sata number 2 port.

Hammey wrote:

Hi well as I see it you have your old HD in the sytem to boot to and you have the other new drive hooked up to a different sata port so it is a slave drive and then run the clone to it. It also says the new hard drive should have nothing on it no partitons or files. install it in your computer means you have both drives hooked up to the computer and boot to your old drive. So your old drive would be on the sata number 1 port and the new drive on the sata number 2 port.

Sorry, re-read very carefully what I wrote – this is not my situation at all.

Hi I am sorry if that is not your problem. But when I clone a drive I have the original drive to boot to and the new drive as slave and clone to it never had a problem. Maybe I am not understanding the problem give it a bit and someone else will reply sorry.