Cannot update firmware on MacBook running OSSierra 10.12.1. Cannot sign on to My Cloud.com from any of my registered devices. This has occurred since the Dec. 2016 update

Cannot sync storage . I get a message that my firmware needs updating. I have been unable to access my dashboard which used to be possible through QuickView. I also cannot sign on to MycCloud.com since it does not recognise any of my registered email addresses.

Being unable to access your Dashboard could indicate an issue with your NAS. Did you try holding the reset switch located on the back of the unit? Can you access the Dashboard by using its IP address instead of using WD Quickview? Have you tried different Internet Browsers or accessing the Dashboard from a Windows system on your network?

Hello. Thank you for your helpful reply. We had had several power outages and I did get alerts from the NAS, so that may have been where the problem began.

I was not at home when I first tried your suggested fix of accessing with the IP address, but that came back with the reply that no devices were present. I did get back to the MacBook connected by Ethernet. While I couldn’t get the dashboard I could get the TimeMachine updating program to run, and I left it verifying the update overnight. The following morning as I was modifying a paper clip to follow your reset recommendation I woke up the Mac to check out the update, and mysteriously the Dashboard was open and telling me to update the firmware, which worked.

I sent new registrations to my mobile devices (Android Phone and SurfaceBook Pro) and they now work on wd2go again. I’m still having trouble with the Desktop version on SurfaceBook, but maybe I don’t need it now.

Thank you for your reply. Somewhere in the TimeMachine backup via an Ethernet, rather than wireless connection, an automatic reset seems to have occurred, but I think the manual reset would probably have been the solution.

Best wishes

Trancer

February 23

Being unable to access your Dashboard could indicate an issue with your NAS. Did you try holding the reset switch located on the back of the unit? Can you access the Dashboard by using its IP address instead of using WD Quickview? Have you tried different Internet Browsers or accessing the Dashboard from a Windows system on your network?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.