Cannot Turn On Recycle Bin

I have deleted a folder I want to recover.
File scavenger (data recovery software) cannot see the My Cloud even with a mapped network drive.

To prevent this from happening again i want to turn on the recycle bin.
I have read several posts about turning on the recycle bins.
All say that there is an “on/off” switch in the share profile set-up page in the GUI.
I don’t see that switch. This is what my page looks like.
How to turn on recycle bin?

The single drive MyCloud devices do not come with the Recycle Bin feature, It is available on the MyCloudMirror and higher models.

Wow, so the only way to recover my files is to open up the case (void the warranty) and plug the drive into my computer directly so I can use file scavenger or some other recovery tool. Is this correct? I hoping there is another option.

The MyCloud is formatted in LINUX format, Windows won’t read the drive directly.

I have plugged Linux EXT3 formatted drives into my win 7 computer before. Even though the drive is not accessible through windows explorer, all my recovery tools still worked on it. EaseUs and File scavenger found all my files when my MYBOOK Live crashed.

It’s worth remembering that any hard disk can fail at any time, and irrevocably lose your data. So a backup is vital.

Accidentally deleted files can then be recovered from backup, unless they were created after the last backup.

The lack of a recycle bin on the MyCloud NAS is a limitation, but it’s one shared by the network drives on the corporate computer system where I work.