Cannot turn on my Public Access on my new MyCloud? How to Share Public Access?

I have just bought a MyCloud and set up all the private user accounts and they are working fine. Only the default Public Access account I cannot switch on. The Media Serving is “On”, but the Public Access “On” button is lightened and cannot be clicked on. How can I fix it?  THANKS!

Please provide a image of what you are seeing along with more information. Are you using a Apple or Windows PC? A desktop, laptop, tablet. The more info the easier it is to help and try to solve your problem.

I am using iMac with OS X 10.93. I can set all my private users accounts on and off, but the Public Access button only the Media Serving can click on it.

Here’s the screen shot…Thanks!

Hi,

it’s OK. You need’t click it. “Public” is always “on”. That’s the Linux system.

regard

Lucky

Thank you all for the advice,

The reason I thought i have to turn on this Public Access is I tried to email the link of the Public Access to myself and friend to test if it works. When I tried to click on that link from my email it doesn’t go to the PA folder. Instead I get Time Out or Safari can’t open no matter what browers I use to open it (i have tried using Firefox, Saari and Chrome). Have I done it wrong? How do i share the public folders with my friends? 

Thanks!

hoe226 wrote:

… Have I done it wrong? How do i share the public folders with my friends?  

Have you enabled and configured Remote Access?

No. How do I do that? I only know how to do private user folder where i send them a email and they change the password to access my MyCloud, but I don’t recall or know how to do this remote access? Please enlighten me. Thanks!

It’s described in the manual:

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/?id=439&type=25

…on page 76 (of the English version, at least…)

I still can’t figure out how to do this public share. there was no instruction in the box when i bought the MyCloud. Will try again ans study the whole instruction and see.

May I also ask how do i remove the Time Magazine back up from MyCloud if i don’t want to use it as back up for Time Macine?

hoe226 wrote:

May I also ask how do i remove the Time Magazine back up from MyCloud if i don’t want to use it as back up for Time Macine?

Turn the Time Machine option off in the My Cloud, and delete the share.