Cannot transfer large files to Easystore hard drive

I had problem to transfer the large files from my old drive to my brand new Easystore hard drive.
It just keep stopping copying. Please help.

how large are you talking about ? eg. you haven’t formatted the drive FAT32 have you ? because FAT32 only supports up to 4GB files

It just keep stopping copying

any error or notification messages ? or does the ‘copying’ dialog box just disappear ?

Have you tried formatting the Hard Drive ? … i’ve had some “out of the box” Factory Formatted drives that were very very slow copying files … reformatted the drive and then the copying speed was normal after that.

Thank you for your prompt answer. I was trying to copy all the folders from my old drive (550 gb)

to my new 12TB Easystore in one time. (it says NTFS in Property on the new drive, I never formatted it.)

Now, I can only transfer it folder by folder, since the ‘copying’ dialog box just disappear if I transfer more than 4 GB , and leaving me no messages. Do I need to format the brand new Easystore to NTFS again?

I would.

I don’t trust using a hard drive until i’ve at least formatted it … doesn’t matter if it’s factory formatted or not, i want to do it to make sure everything is ok before copying files to it.

All the information one line are for formatting for Mac, how do I format my 12 TB Easystore hard drive to
NTFS for Windows 10? Thanks again.

Hi, I tried to do exactly what it says on the link to do the quick format, but every is the same as before.
I still cannot transfer the folders in my 1 tb old external drive to my new WD 12 TB drive.