Cannot Transfer Files Directly

Hi there,

Just picked up my WDTV Live Hub today after a few recommendations from friends. However, I ran into what seems to be a common issue.

I have a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.5.8. I was told I could transfer my video and audio files from my laptop to my Live Hub HDD by directly connecting the two with an Ethernet cable. When connected, the WDTV Live Hub is shown under SHARED in FINDER but I cannot drag and drop any files into it. There is no error message, just a symbol indicating that I cannot drop a file when the WDTV Live Hub is highlighted. 

However, I can drag and drop the stock files from the WDTV Live Hub onto my Mac HDD. 

Does anyone know the root of this issue? I realize I can load my Hub by file sharing over a network but if I can transfer files directly, this would be a much easier option. 

Please advise. Thanks!

If you click the WDTV entry in Shared (ie try and connect to the ‘server’) - then click the WDTVLiveHub entry in the Finder window body that should appear, you should be able to drag directly into it as per a normal drag/drop operation.