Cannot see Z drive

I connected My Cloud Home and I can login through WD Discovery. I can also see the Public shared folder on my network.

However, the “Sync to My Cloud” option does not do anything. I clicked on it after right-clicking one of my folders but I cannot see it in the Public shared folder or in My Cloud.

I also read in the manual that after installing WD Discovery, I should see a mapped network drive (Z) which is not true in my case.

All I can see is Public shared folder which is not mapped and doesn’t do anything unless I copy files manually to it.

What shoud I do?

Can you make a screenshot? Thanks in advance!

@faisalkhamis

1. You “Sync to My Cloud” will only work when the Log In to MyCloud.com Account through WD Discovery and then the User Private Space is mounted. Sync does not place anything in the //MyCloud-XXXXX/Public share

2. Click SIGN IN in WD Discovery and sign into MyCloud.com using your username and password

When I login to to mycloud.com through WD Discovery, I cannot see the User Private Space mounted. There is nothing mounted in my computer. I have only C and D local drives.

do you have the correct version of WD discovery installed? below is a link

https://support.wdc.com/product.aspx?ID=1101&lang=en#WD_downloads

If you could also post some screen shots that would help.

Here is a snapshot of my cloud home network. I can see only the public folder.
Capture

I also followed the instructions in this article but it didn’t work:

I use Windows 7 x64 and I have a newer version of WD Discovery but that also didn’t work

the my cloud home is not a traditional NAS. you will not see the private user space under network. You have to install WD Discovery and it will mount the private user space as a drive under computer.

I already installed WD Discovery as I mentioned in the first post but I still cannot see the private user space.

I fixed it by installing a Windows update.
I’m surprised the tech support couldn’t guide me to this simple solution. What a weak tech support!!

I am actually having problems with MacOS Mojave, install WD Dis fine but then no folder found. Win 10 is fine.

@huywarwick macOS Mojave is still BETA and currently not supported with the existing version of WD Discovery.