Cannot see my Samba Share and some window shares

Just bought the WD TV Live streaming as replacement of my old WD TV Live. But the new WD TV Live streaming won’t see my  old Samba share running on a NSLU (slug) with Debian installed.

The share is visible and have always worked fine when connecting my old WD TV live, and is also visible when accessing it from my Win 7 PC’s

When running a 32 and 64 bit windows share, only the 32 bit win 7 is visible. And I can play the videos from this share.

Can see that other have had problems with shares, but so far I have not seen a work around that works. Must (again) be WDC that fails. (Never got at 100% working version of firmware for my old WD TV Live, so therefore decided to buy a new version. Also because I needed the Spotify access and had hoped on more stability)

Make sure your WORKGROUP names match.  The older WDs didn’t care if they didn’t match, but the Hub and SMP won’t display servers in different workgroups.

Thank you TonyPh12345. Now I can logon to the Samba share.

But… Unfortunately it won’t play any video content. :confounded:

Again all played fine on my old WD TV live.

Photos shows fine.

The user has read/write access.

Appreciate any help I can get :slight_smile:

So, does that mean you can see all the videos listed?    What happens when you try to play one?

… or, are you NOT seeing the files listed at all?

Sorry but just moved my WD TV live to a direct LAN connection.

And now it works!!!

Must have had a too bad wireless connection upstairs in my house.

But again thank you for your help.

Well, there may still be a problem with this. I have a few of the WD TV Live Streaming boxes. One is directly connected to the LAN and one is Wireless. The Direct Connect sees my shares (as did the older units)…the Wireless does not. So, it may be the wireless that only exhibiting the problem. NoWhereMan

Had this problem and it has been solved by staying away of Samba and share the same directories through NFS

just go to your linux box , run system-config-nfs , add the shares and the access list , et voila , no need to direct connection then, will work on wifi