Cannot see all my folders after entering the WDCloud

Hello everyone,

I am having some problems with the WD Cloud. I can enter to MyCloud, there is no problem with that. However, out of around 50 folders, I cannot see even half of them. I tried refreshing the website but it’s not making any difference. I know the folders are there because I can see them through the app on my phone. Anybody with a similar problem who knows what to do? Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Rafii

Use a different web browser. Seems Chrome has a problem with not displaying all the folders/Shares. Other things to try; disable all add-ons and extensions in browser, then restart the web browser and access MyCloud.com again and see if the issue persists.

Several past discussions about it. Here are a few of them.

Hi Bennor,

Thanks for your reply. However, I still have the same problem. I have tried with several browsers and I have checked no extensions or complements are activated… But still have the same problem :frowning:

Thank you anyways.

Rafii

So I had this issue too, I found that when i held ctrl and zoomed as far out as i could, then scrolled to bottom and zoomed back in it would sometimes show the rest of the folders… It’s definitely a mycloud issue, seemed better on firefox.

I had to change my organization method to get things to never have more than x amount of links in a folder… I am migrating to another cloud service, because we have had so many issues with MyCloud and every time I’ve had an issue, I’ve ended up having to create a fix for it myself since their customer support is completely worthless.

1 Like

The only way I can get it to show me my folders is if I make them all entirely public lol. It seems the user accounts are basically pointless. Great security WD, good job.

The initial issue discussed in this topic deals with using a web browser to access the OS3 MyCloud.com web portal and the web browser not showing all the folders.

Since this past April the OS3 MyCloud.com web portal is no longer in service/available. OS3 support has been ended by WD.

As such what exactly is your issue? What My Cloud model are you using? What firmware version is it running? How are you accessing the My Cloud where you are experiencing the issue? Are you accessing the My Cloud Shares or the My Cloud DLNA server? In other words more information is needed for others to assist with your issue.

I wasn’t actually looking for support here, I was simply commenting that 4 years later the same problem persists, it may help to inform future users that despite what the marketing material says, you’ll need at least a week to get it to do anything useful (if at all).

It’s interesting that the same problem persists even in a new version of the OS.

I guess the main problem is that each time I turn on the computer, I get wildly different results. I’ve seen the folder in windows once or twice, but 99% of the time its not there. Sometimes after rebooting the NAS 3 or 4 times it’ll show up for 10 mins but that’s about it.

I have 3 folders, all with exactly the same permission settings, like identical, and using the same user:
Via FTP - I can see 1 of 3 folders. (FTP enabled for all)
Via MacOS finder - I can see 3 of 3 folders
Via Windows explorer - I can see 0 of 3 folders (except that 1% of the time when they appear for a few minutes)

On top of that, FTP is configured for 10 connections but it will reject anything over about 3, and even when I am blessed with the visibility of any folders, 4 red drives in raid5 give me a maximum write speed of 3-5mb/s.

Since you asked, the firmware is: 5.23.114

There is a dedicated subforum for OS5. Generally this subforum deals with the single bay/single drive My cloud units. The first gen single bay My Cloud is end of life and cannot be updated to OS5. The second gen single bay My Cloud running v2.x can be updated to OS5.

For those with OS5 they should see the following section and select the correct OS5 subforum for their device:

Apple has depreciated AFP so Mac users should move to using SMB if possible. Windows and Samba/SMB is still an issue even with OS5. In certain cases one still has to enable SMB1 on both Windows and in the OS5 My Cloud Dashboard > Settings > Network section. The other limitations are what they are. Some of which have been present for many years, as far back as the v3.x firmware for the single bay My Cloud.

Since OS3 is end of support none of the issues will be fixed by WD as they’ve indicated the current OS3 firmware is the last version. Those that can are urged to upgrade/update to OS5 firmware going forward. Some of the issues discussed in the OS3 subforum only apply to OS3 devices.

Fair enough, I got here through google search and didn’t really look at the forum sections. I think I’ll just return it and get another symbology. I do find it funny that WD just completely lie about the ease of setup. Considering windows is quite a popular OS, it might have been an idea to mention that their consumer NAS is so difficult to set up on the most used consumer operating system in the known universe. But honestly reduces sales I guess.

Some have no issues setting up a OS5 My Cloud some do. Same holds for the old OS3 My Clouds. Personally never had a problem with the initial setup several OS3 My Clouds for both Windows and Mac PC’s. Very few problems with computers not being able to access the My Clouds, in most cases it was a problem with the computer configuration and not the My Cloud. From enabling SMB1/CIFS to making sure the Windows Network Type was set to Private not Public, to making sure all devices used the same workgroup name and were in the same IP address range. Shrugs. But yes Synology will typically offer more configuration options; and in some instances more complex setup which may overwhelm some users.

Idk, I had same problem and I just deleted cookies and it fixed it