Cannot save file to drive (OSX)

I can’t save a file from the web to the MBL NAS drive. I have a MacBook Pro running Mountain Lion, and both the Mac and drive are fully updated. In fact, I just finished a factory restore in the drive. I created a new share for downloads, and set it to public.

When I try to save (Save As and choose MBL) I get the following message: “Failed - Download error”. This works well with Windows, but not with OSX and I can’t figure out why. Any help would be appreciated.

Anyone? Works very well with WIndows 8, but I want the drive to work with OSX. It’s a pain to have to download to my Mac then transfter to the MBL drive.

There must be a way of getting the Mac to map/recognize the drive for direct saving of files.

Partially solved. To get the Mac to map the drive, I had to go to Finder > Go > Connect to Server and connect using the drive’s static IP address. It connects and I can save just fine. However… the problem is that if I reboot the mapping is gone and I have to repeat the Finder steps. Is there a way to automatically get the Mac to connect to the drive even if I restart? I do have an admin password on the drive if this is part of the problem.

macman66 wrote:

Partially solved. To get the Mac to map the drive, I had to go to Finder > Go > Connect to Server and connect using the drive’s static IP address. It connects and I can save just fine. However… the problem is that if I reboot the mapping is gone and I have to repeat the Finder steps. Is there a way to automatically get the Mac to connect to the drive even if I restart? I do have an admin password on the drive if this is part of the problem.

You can map the drive and select to reconnect at logon.

Check the steps provided at the support website on the link bellow:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2686/