Cannot play Zune content (from Microsoft Zune Marketplace) that uses Digital Right Management

is there any workaround for this? my files use DRM (as I ‘lease’ them thru MIcrosoft Zune’s marketplace). all my media plays perfectly with this exception. any workaround?

help…

Of course not. Why would WD pay M$ to support their crappy DRM formats?

WD doesn’t need to pay Microsoft Zune. I am already paying to Microsoft Zune for the music. The music plays on my computer but DOES NOT play on the WD Media Player. Is there a work around for the WD Media Player??

WD doesn’t need to pay Microsoft Zune. I am already paying to Microsoft Zune for the music.

Right, and I’m already paying for a DVD with DTS soundtrack. So, WD does not have to pay for a DTS license? Think again.

Is there a work around for the WD Media Player??

Of course not.

That’s the thing with DRM: it ■■■■■ pretty much uniformly.

If you’d be able to play DRM-protected files everywhere, they wouldn’t be DRM-protected. Your music plays on your computer because your computer has been authorized to play the file during the transaction.

The only work-around is to re-encode your files to another non-protected format, if such a thing is possible with the DRM applied to Zune Marketplace files. If saving your files as an unprotected-mp3 is impossible, maybe you can try burning them on an audio CD, and ripping the CD back. If burning to audio CD is also forbidden by the DRM, your last chance is to try to feed the analog signal (e.g. the one going to your analog speakers if any) back into your soundcard and sample that.

Also you could go buy a non-DRM version of the file.

Good luck…

thanks so much.