Cannot open files on ipad

I can see my folders etc from my cloud on my ipad but cannot open them. The icon shows a question mark, and a picture of a bloke scratching his head. What do I have to do?

steve17smith wrote:

I can see my folders etc from my cloud on my ipad but cannot open them. The icon shows a question mark, and a picture of a bloke scratching his head. What do I have to do?

What kind of file is it?

Just a typical folder with word documents inside.

The FOLDER shows the question mark? I’ve never seen that before. Can you take a screenshot and post it?

Can’t see how to attach the screen copy.

Ok, well, you could have started by saying that you were using the mobile apps to generate an email link…

That’s not a folder - that’s a file.  

You created a link to a Windows Shortcut (lnk file) not the folder itself.

Your previous comments were that the iPad app is showing question-mark-man, but your screenshot is of an email on your PC?

Any chance of an answer? Could you just tell me what to do. I thought I had followed the instructions and cut and pasted straight from my PC folders into mycloud folders?

steve17smith wrote:
Any chance of an answer? Could you just tell me what to do. I thought I had followed the instructions and cut and pasted straight from my PC folders into mycloud folders?

I don’t understand what you’re asking.

As far as the question you started the thread with: The issue is because you sent a link to a Windows Shortcut.   You didn’t send a link to a folder as you thought you had.

My guess is, you did a Copy, and then Paste Shortcut instead of just Paste.