Cannot login to Dashboard of EX4100 from Windows 10

I just did a clean install of Windows 10. I did not download QuickView because the WD website didn’t say it was compatible with Win 10. I’ve just done a 4 second “partial” reset on my EX4100 so the login screen is back to admin and no password. I can access the public share on my NAS by mapping it to Z:. When I key http://wdmycloudex4100 into Chrome I get the NAS login page with “admin” already filled in the upper box. When I click on Login, however, nothing happens. Any suggestions? Thanks, Dane (I’ve read “How to access the Dashboard on a My Cloud EX4100 device” and “How to set up a My Cloud EX4100 device”)

@dane37,

Any difference if you try with FireFox or Internet Explorer ? The other thing could be the firmware version of the NAS itself. If it is downrev it might have some bugs in it, so if you can get a response and get logged into the interface somehow, definitely look to upgrade the firmware to a newer version.

Cheers,

JediNite

Hi JediNite,
Thanks for the response and suggestions. I tried Internet Explorer and got exactly the same results as Chrome. The login page comes up but clicking on Login does nothing. Without access to the dashboard I don’t know how to update the NAS firmware. Do you really think it is worth installing Firefox when neither Chrome nor Internet Explorer work? I will do it if you say so I’m just not yet convinced.
Best Regards, Dane

@dane37,

If you are getting the same with two browsers then probably not much value in trying Firefox in that case. Is there any way you can try and try and access the page from a different PC or laptop (or even a tablet perhaps). It is sounding like a bug with the web server on the NAS from what you have said.

Cheers,

JediNite