Cannot install Desktop App on Mac

Hey,

I downloaded the Desktop app for mac but the installation does not even start. It says application not responding. I am on E Capitan.
Any solutions?

Thank you!

Hi,

At the that app is not fully supported on that version of OS X 10.11

Supported Operating Systems

Mac OS X 10.6
Mac OS X 10.7
Mac OS X 10.8
Mac OS X 10.9
Mac OS X 10.10

Please add this to the ideas board to see if that can be implemented on a future update.

Locally to your network, don’t even think of wasting your time with the WD apps.

Just map your drive into the Mac’s file system (see p23 of the user manual), then the MyCloud will become visible ‘natively’ to all programs, including Finder.

have to disagree… although it’s broken atm, the wd app has one big advantage: moving files around using the app takes place directly on the device and is much faster than doing the same thing through Finder

the wd app has one big advantage: moving files around using the app takes place directly on the device and is much faster than doing the same thing through Finder

Okay, yes, that’s a fair point.

I guess I don’t tend to do much bulk file movement on the device; I put stuff (mostly media) there, and generally leave it. Since I don’t have the WD Desktop App installed, the only time I’ve done that sort of bulk movement (moving media library from Public to a Private folder), I turned to the linux command line using SSH, and just did ‘mv’ on the top level of the entire media file structure, which would just change the file pointers, rather than physically shuffling data about. Not the sort of thing the average Apple or PC user will want to be playing with, admittedly…

But it’s still a very good idea to map the drive into the file system, so it can be accessed seamlessly by all programs.