Cannot hide files when connected to the drive via Wifi

Files that I have previously marked as “hidden” through the file properties, are now showing up when I connect to the drive via it’s Wifi network.
When directly accessing the drive, while it’s connected via USB, these files are faded out, how hidden files are supposed to be. It’s only when I connect via Wifi that the files are visible (not faded out). The files in question are .ico files and .ini files and were copied and pasted onto the drive while it was connected via USB.
In properties, after I check the “hidden” box and press “OK”, the first message is “You will need to provide administrator permission to change these attributes”. After clicking “Continue” another message appears saying “An error occurred while applying attributes to the file: [URL of the file]. Access is denied.”

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help.

Hi, I have not tried this, but it could be that the Linux OS that the drive runs on while wireless is making the files visible, if that is the case I have no idea how you could make them hidden while wireless.