Cannot even run WD Diagnostics

Hi.  I have my OS on a WD300 raptorx.  I have all my data backed up on 2 other WD drives in raid1.  This is all in the same PC.  I have run this Diagnostics CD on other raptors and have gotten back the requested reports.  I am having problems where i cannot boot into Win 7.  None of my Win 7 repair tools have helped.  I cannot even install a fresh copy of Win 7 on the 300 raptor.  This drive is only a few months old and was received under another WD warrantly replacement.  Anyway, when I try to run WD diagnostics on boot the tool does start but then goes into another black screen.  No matter what I do I am unable to get the tool to run.  I can’t even get to the part where it asks me what drive to diagnose.  I am pretty sure that the main OS drive is bad again especially since I cannot even install a fresh copy of Win 7 or even format the drive.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this?  Thank you

Hi there!

What I would do on this case would be to run Windows from another drive then test the Raptor as a secondary drive, zero it and then see if t allows the installation… If not, I’d replace it.

Yeah, I didn’t have the resources to do that.  WD is sending me a new one.  I’ve just never seen where the lifeguard diagnostics couldn’t even start its test.  I wonder if that has happened to anyone else.  Anyway, this is the 2nd drive to go in the last 5 months. 

Without being too specific, can a malfunctioning video card cause a hard drive failure???