Cannot Enter Name In Sign In Window On Mac?

For some reason my MyCloud app on my mac has disconnected from my MyCloud. When I try to connect, after clicking the Connect button, I get the Sign In window with boxes for Name and Password. But I am unable to type my name into the Name box. there is a dropdown arrow and it seems to bring up an empty box. But I can’t type anything in there no matter what I do. I can type my password into the Password box just fine.

Thoughts? Has this happened to anyone else?

By “My Cloud app” do you mean the My Cloud Desktop application/program/software?

The My Cloud Desktop program has been End of Life since 2016. A recent firmware update for the single bay My Cloud models has broken/rendered unusable this software. WD Support has a Knowledgebase article covering this issue:

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25159

Basically (for remote access) one is now forced to either roll back their My Cloud firmware (at their own risk) to a prior version or use the MyCloud.com web portal. Or use the insecure FTP method. Or setup a VPN tunnel to one’s local network containing the My Cloud device.

Thanks. So when did that firmware update happen. Because yes, I was referring to the desktop application. But it was working as recently as last week. Did it break that recently?

Also, by " MyCloud.com web portal" are you referring to the local web access/url: http://wdmycloud.local/UI/?

Thanks!

If one has “Enable Auto Update” set to enabled in the My Cloud Dashboard > Settings > Firmware then the My Cloud will auto update the firmware when it gets around to checking for a new firmware version. Unofficially it is recommended one turn off “Enable Auto Update” and manually update the firmware.

No. www.mycloud.com is the online web portal one uses to remote access their My Cloud if remote access/cloud access is enabled in the My Cloud > Dashboard > Settings. If you haven’t done so you may want to take a few minutes to read through the My Cloud User Manual to learn about the various features/options of the My Cloud.

Thanks for all the info! It’ll be a change, but I was able to put a file onto my MyCloud device from one computer and access it from another today, using mycloud.com.