Cannot connect with my Android phone when away from home

Help…i am well pleased with my 3TB My Cloud device, but yesterday when away from home I couldn’t connect - either with the wi-fi or 3G/4G (Orange) all I got was “unable to access device (0)”

Follow these steps:

• Setup port forwarding to ports 80 and 443 for the MyCloud IP i.e. 8090 to 80  and 9443 to 443 in your router port forwarding configuration.

• Change the default ports  80 and 443 in MyCloud dashboard in settings - general - cloud access - configure - manual to 8090 and 9443.

• Finally enable ftp server in dashboard - settings- network, enable also SSH (this is very helpful to access MyCLoud when there are problems with dashboard)

When ftp is enabled you could install a ftp client on android device and access MyCloud from WAN knowing your public ip (port 21 forwarding may be needed).

bigkris wrote:

Help…i am well pleased with my 3TB My Cloud device, but yesterday when away from home I couldn’t connect - either with the wi-fi or 3G/4G (Orange) all I got was “unable to access device (0)”

See if this helps…

For those of you with remote access connectivity issues on the My Cloud after this frimware update…

Problem : No remote access connectivity to my cloud over WAN after updating to Firmware 3.03.01-156.  On Android devices the user will see a message  “unable to access device (0)."  On iPhone or iPad the user will see an “authentication revoked” message.

Workaround : Remove the device from the Mobile or Desktop App, and then add it again by creating a new DAC or by connecting over the LAN.

Tried this…still no joy :mansad:

In layman’s terms…what does this mean?.. “creating a new DAC or by connecting over the LAN.”

DAC = “Device Activation Code”  Read the article below to reactivate your device code.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10624

Bill,

This does not work. I’ve tried this several times. The LAN connection works fine. Full access on wifi and authenticated on dashboard, When remove the device from the dashboard and from the android app and switch to remote (switch off wifi on the phone). Then I create a new code on the dashboard and add a new device manually on the droid app, enter the activiation code, the drive shows up. When I try to access the drive, I get the dreaded “unable to access device. (0)”.

This problem started after the update. I need to go back to the old version. How do I remove the update?

Riq_v wrote:

Bill,

This does not work. I’ve tried this several times. The LAN connection works fine. Full access on wifi and authenticated on dashboard, When remove the device from the dashboard and from the android app and switch to remote (switch off wifi on the phone). Then I create a new code on the dashboard and add a new device manually on the droid app, enter the activiation code, the drive shows up. When I try to access the drive, I get the dreaded “unable to access device. (0)”.

This problem started after the update. I need to go back to the old version. How do I remove the update?

Then something else must be going on.  I read that you opened a ticket with Support.  Let them help you.  Also, you need to stop hijacking other people’s threads.  That’s a violation of the guidelines.  Private message me your incident number.