Cannot connect to wireless after replacement of HDD

Hi all,

My WD My Passport Wireless Pro’s original HDD died on me. As I am already past any warranty I opened the device and replaced the original HDD by a new one of the same capacity (but different manufacturer).
After this replacement I have reset the device (to also reset the wifi password to the default, which should be the last 8 characters of the serial n° of the new disk). When I boot the device I see the wifi, and when I enter the last 8 characters of the serial n° of the new disk I get a message that I cannot connect to this wifi network.

In order to cross-check I’ve entered the old password and then I get the message that the wifi password is not correct.
It would thus seem that the new password is correct (last 8 characters of serial n° of new disk), but that the device somehow blocks the connection.

Can anyone help me to get my device working again?
I would like to get use this again as this is my on the go backup device for photoshoots.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi @pvervliet,

Please refer to the below link to check WD My Passport Wireless Pro and SSD Online User Guide and Solutions:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15048

I have the same problem. Did you ever get a resolution for it?
thxs