Cannot Connect to MyCloudHome

Hi, my device can not be activated on last 1/10/2021 after show offline and actually I am a device owner user. please double check on my account

I am also having this issue. Can access my cloud home via the website and plex but can not login using the WD app. Drive mapping has also gone from file manager. I have all the suggestions I can find on the internet but nothing worked

Updated 10/10/21. I have managed to fix my issue, although it is big. I had to reinstall windows 10 due to problems. After installing windows I then installed an older saved version of the WD discovery desktop installer I had. After installation a messaged popped up saying a new version of discovery was available which I installed. After installation I was then able to login to the WD discovery desktop app and the mapped drive was now also available in file explorer

WD Discovery v.4.3.336
My Cloud Desktop v2.1.0.322

Hope this information can help someone else

1 week without being able to enter mine WD Home.
Nobody says anything
I need to acces my documents.

I have the same problem here…my WD Home has a slow blinking white led.
Ive tryied to reboot it, rebooted my network and still nothing.

This is happening since 1 Out. and still no fix…what can i do? 30/40% of my company is down because of the lack of information that is on MyCloud Home…
PLEASE HELP!

Come on western digital give us a clue, is the certificate that expired being worked on and when we will get a fix, it has been a week now we have done everything you have recommended and nothing worked.

this is the worst ever…how is this possible? The Administration of my company is already talking to lawyers to see what can we do. this is unacceptable. We Both this MyCloudHome for information safety and know we can’t access it because of you…and you not even dignify to give us an answer or a timming to fix this.

I have managed to fix my issue, although it is big. I had to reinstall windows 10 due to problems. After installing windows I then installed an older saved version of the WD discovery desktop installer I had. After installation a messaged popped up saying a new version of discovery was available which I installed. After installation I was then able to login to the WD discovery desktop app and the mapped drive was now also available in file explorer

WD Discovery v.4.3.336
My Cloud Desktop v2.1.0.322

Hope this information can help someone else

this are stupid status are showing us, but our problem still the same.
the device still offline, Feeling disappointed with the service.

I correspond with support for a week, fulfill all wishes (confirmations, invoices, debud files, serial numbers, turn on, open channels on the router, private ip address, change the router …). It is interesting how everything has been suitable and in function so far.

Response: “Please be advised that as per the review of the Device Logs from your My Cloud Home (2 TB), we can see the internal HDD disk is showing errors. The only solution is a replacement (RMA) and Data Recovery if required…”

internal HDD disk is showing errors - due to restarting of devices. SMART runs neatly, which also results from the Debug file. Incompetence, unwillingness to accept their mistake. Until 01.10.2021. the device worked properly. Shame. If there will be joint lawsuits at EU level, I will certainly join. Never again WD products, not even a USB memory stick.

i managed to retrieve my files from the drive…even after WD tell me that the problem was in the HD…i will post a video later…

Hi there guys…here’s how u can get your files:

imagine that contrary to what WD said my drive is OK

Take that and all your ■■■■■■■■ WD!

Hope this helps you guys!!

I am sure you mean well and congratulations on your success, but most MCH users can’t really afford the $699 price tag on the Windows based recovery software which you linked in your YT (and several others have also mentioned in these forums) and most MCH users do not have the time or ability to do the recovery.

I would suggests that any user attempting to do their own (if they are able) that they stick with a Linux based free recovery ISO such as the Rescuezilla ISO, completely free although donation is accepted. Almost all Windows PCs and laptops will boot Linux ISOs. The users can attempt recover with two choices:

1. Use Rescuezilla to clone to a same or larger hard drive if the old drive is still clonable.
  2. if not 1 then attempt to recover with the free Springfield recovery Python script.

hi there…
the solution i provided is Windows Based only…
however i did try to connect my HD to Linux but it didn’t recognize the HD correctly so i had no other way to work this out…Hope they can fix it like u said…is another solution…not easy for WD to deal with…

Good morning everyone

Not sure if anyone else has tried this but I came across WDs computer app EdgeRover day before yesterday. After all day yesterday and all night I managed to get what looks like all or at least the majority of my files and pictures I have on my My Cloud Home. Just thought I would let y’all know. Hope that helps for those who has yet to be able to access their actual My Home Cloud like me. It’s been since mid-September for me :confused::woman_shrugging:t3: Have a great day!

JBird

Interesting review, but are you sure EdgeRover is able to see network or mounted drives? because it specifically stated that it doesn’t. ** after installing the latest v1.2 app, there is no option to mount any My Cloud Home drives. It looks like only system and USB drives supported so far.

At this time, network shares and mounted NAS devices cannot be used with EdgeRover.

With what products is EdgeRover™ compatible?

https://help.edgerover.com/en/information/product-compatibility.html
Minimum system requirements
The EdgeRover app is compatible with the following operating systems:

Microsoft Windows® 10+
macOS 10.13+
It works best on machines with 4 or more CPU cores and more than 4GB of RAM.

Why do I need EdgeRover™?
Your content is everywhere: Desktop, external drives, social media and cloud storage1. EdgeRover lets you see your content in a single view to make it easy to find, browse and enjoy.

**Support for Social Media and Cloud Storage sources is planned for the future.** ↩

Storage devices
The EdgeRover™ app is compatible with many standard USB and some Thunderbolt direct-attached storage devices accessible by your macOS 10.13+ or Windows® 10+ system. See below for a list of compatible devices.1

**At this time, network shares and mounted NAS devices cannot be used with EdgeRover.** Please check back for updates on support for these devices.

EdgeRover is compatible with these storage devices:

SanDisk® iXpand® Wireless Charger Sync
SanDisk® iXpand® Drives
SanDisk® iXpand® Sync
SanDisk® iXpand® Base
SanDisk Extreme Pro® Portable SSD
SanDisk Extreme Pro® SSD
SanDisk Extreme® SSD
SanDisk Ultra® Dual Port
SanDisk® Cruzer Blade™
SanDisk® Cruzer Fit™ USB 2.0
SanDisk® Dual Drive USB 3.0, USB 2.0, Micro-B
SanDisk Ultra Fit™ USB 3.0
SanDisk Ultra Flair™ USB 3.0
SanDisk Extreme Pro® USB 3.1
SanDisk Extreme® GO USB 3.1
SanDisk® Ultra Dual Drive USB 3.0
SanDisk Ultra® USB 3.0
SanDisk® Cruzer Glide™ USB 3.0
SanDisk® Cruzer Blade™ USB 2.0
SanDisk® Cruzer Glide™ USB 2.0
SanDisk Ultra® USB Type-C™
SanDisk Ultra® Dual Drive USB Type-C™
SanDisk Extreme® USB 3.0
SanDisk Extreme Pro® USB 3.0
SanDisk® Clip Series MP3 Player
SanDisk Extreme Pro® SD Cards
SanDisk Ultra® Micro SD Card
SanDisk Ultra® Dual Drive Luxe USB Type-C™ Flash Drive
SanDisk Ultra Fit™ USB 3.1 Flash Drive
WD™ My Passport™
WD™ My Passport Ultra™
WD™ My Passport™ Wireless
WD™ My Passport™ Wireless Pro
WD™ My Passport Ultra™ for Mac
WD™ My Passport™ Elements SE
WD™ EasyStore™ Portable
WD™ My Book™
WD™ My Book Duo™
WD™ My Passport™ SSD
WD™ My Passport™ Go SSD
WD™ My Passport™ SSD
G-Technology™ ArmorLock™ SSD
G-DRIVE™ ev RaW (macOS only)
G-RAID™ with Thunderbolt 2 (macOS only)
G-RAID™ with Thunderbolt 3
G-DRIVE™ with Thunderbolt 3 (macOS only)
G-DRIVE™ SSD

Compatibility may be changed, terminated or interrupted at any time and may vary by country. ↩

That is so cool, thank for the video! It‘s sickening me that I need to spend 600 because WD messed things up, but if that is the only way.

Did you inform WD about this and if so, how did they react? I guess the staff seeing that will perfectly ignore it.

Yes I am positive! I now have access to my files and thousands of pictures I was not able to access just through the my home cloud apps or website! It worked for me and that’s what I care about. I have a MacBook Pro so if you are using another system I cannot speak for if it works on them. But please don’t question my integrity if it’s not working for you. Have a great day!

JBird
Never Stop Learning - Never Stop Creating

Crafts, Calligraphy, Essential Oils, Scrapbooking, & More…

Hi there
I havent cause i suspect they can somehow encrypt this files permantly…dont Know if they can but i find this all My Cloud Block situation very strange…its happening to alot of users so i decided not to comunicate this solution directly to WD…i prefer to publish it here and at YouTube
Regarding the 600 payment u can try to find other softwares … Just look for software that reads EX1 partition …i published this one cause it worked for me

Hope You can get your files back

1 Like

Hola Buen día, a mi me pasa algo similar con la aplicación, pero yo tengo 2 problemas, el primero es con la aplicación, la cual desde la oficina me funciona sin problemas pero si la uso fuera de la oficina aunque a mi si me carga es demasiado lenta y me resulta mas fácil usar desde la web que desde el aplicativo, mi otro problema es con un usuario al cual se le perdió toda la información en el lugar de las carpetas y archivos salen cono 15 documentos sin formato y con valor de 1Kb.

Same same but with a brand new device … thinking this was a waste of money (and a lot of time - which is valuable) … no SUPPORT.